Rave: Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Line

imani97

Recently I've been dealing with the dilemma of how I would be able to exercise and deal with stretching my textrelaxed hair. I didn't want to use heat on my hair all the time, but my hair is very thick! Anyway, I broke down and bought Paul Mitchell's Skinny line, and it is wonderful! Not only does it smell great, but it provided great slip and made my hair so soft. I've added pics of the various stages of washing my hair last night. I did use some of my other serum (Ecru), but I'd never had results this good doing my hair myself. I have also added KeraCare Essential Oils to my regimen so that I can get my split ends under control. I am so proud of my hair, and well on my way to "not being able to be told anything!" :lol: Thanks ladies for sharing your regimens, product recs, etc. My hair has done a complete 180. By the way, I bought PM and the essential oil from Ulta. My Ecru I bought on Ebay.

Last edited:
I am now 9 weeks out and my hair is very thick. Did you use the shampoo and conditioner or just the conditioner? I don't know all the products in the PM Skinny line but it sounds interesting.

LiqueXX said:
I am now 9 weeks out and my hair is very thick. Did you use the shampoo and conditioner or just the conditioner? I don't know all the products in the PM Skinny line but it sounds interesting.
Yes, I used the poo and conditioner. I'm not too sure about the value of the shampoo, but the conditioner and serum were great!

LiqueXX said:
Cool, I usually like conditioners more, I did not know they had a serum.
Yeah, the serum is really concentrated. I only used it when I blow dried my hair. I use my other serum for daily maintanence.

Allandra said:
I love this line.

I have the shampoo, conditioner, serum and the glossing drops.

Love it!

:up:
What method do you use to dry your hair when you use it? Do you know if there is any significant difference between this poo and using Nexxus Therappe? I don't want my Nexxus to go to waste. :)

imani97 said:
What method do you use to dry your hair when you use it? Do you know if there is any significant difference between this poo and using Nexxus Therappe? I don't want my Nexxus to go to waste. :)
I air dry my hair most of the time. The other times, I sit under my hooded dryer. Every blue moon, I get my stylist to use a blow dryer (only AFTER sitting under a hooded dryer to get it almost dry).

I don't use / like any Nexxus products, so I can't compare.

If you don't want your Nexxus products to go to waste, just rotate products. I rotate products, and so do a lot of ladies on this board.

I've been raving about these products every since they came out. I LOVE this line! It's been 24 months (yes 2 years!!) since my last relaxer and using this stuff makes it so easy to comb through that I've gotten too lazy to finally relax my hair. I use it on my mother's hair for a rollerset and it comes out so soft and bouncy. Another plus is that you hair is easy to separate when it's dry (if that makes any sense). It's great for conditioner washes as well!

LiLi said:
I've been raving about these products every since they came out. I LOVE this line! It's been 24 months (yes 2 years!!) since my last relaxer and using this stuff makes it so easy to comb through that I've gotten too lazy to finally relax my hair. I use it on my mother's hair for a rollerset and it comes out so soft and bouncy. Another plus is that you hair is easy to separate when it's dry (if that makes any sense). It's great for conditioner washes as well!
Wow, two years?!? That's amazing. Do you use the shampoo as well? Does the shampoo do anything special? I am thinking that if it doesn't once I've used up what I have, I will just continue to buy the conditioner and serum.

imani97 said:
Wow, two years?!? That's amazing. Do you use the shampoo as well? Does the shampoo do anything special? I am thinking that if it doesn't once I've used up what I have, I will just continue to buy the conditioner and serum.

Well my hair grows super slow so my new growth is probably what some people get in one year.

Hmmm ... the shampoo feels good but some people have said that it causes dryness if used everyday. When I first started using it, I was using both the Shampoo and the Daily Treatment on a daily basis and never experienced any dryness. I like them both together.

I stopped using it because I didn't have easy access to the line. Now that I do, this line is all that I will be using for a long while. The serum is just off the hook. It makes my hair so easy to comb through. Also, I air dry and at the end of the day when I take my ponytails out to braid my hair up for the night, it's so easy to separate the hair and braid it up (it isn't all stuck together). For instance, when I use the Nexxus Humectress my hair feels so good while it's wet ... but at the end of the day my hair feels a bit dry and brittle. This does not happen to me when I use the SS line.

I still use my trusty Redken Cleansing Cream once/week to remove any mineral deposits and buildup. Also, I am going to be using the Paul Mitchell Hair Repair Treatment once/week along with the SS.

I'm a 4a natural and no other product encourages my hair to straighten out like PM Silky Straight. I use the Shampoo, Conditioner and serum. I really like the smell too.

wow... i think ill be getting me some hehe... money,money,money,moneeeyy, MoNeY!!! (its so funny being a student and a pj, i mite cry) LOL

Back