Rave: L'Oreal UnFrizz Taming Cream

Tracy

Rave: L\'Oreal UnFrizz Taming Cream

Bless me father, for I have sinned, I used a product, which I love, and did not tell the board...

Sorry y'all /images/graemlins/grin.gif - I stumbled upon a find and forgot to tell you guys. I recently purchased L'Oreal UnFrizz Taming Cream and have used it in a variety of ways - and I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! I was waiting for a real final verdict on it before I posted and then it slipped my mind. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

It's supposed to be basically a styling creme that controls frizz and provides moisture. I use it in a variety of ways - and it's made the hugest difference in my regime. In fact, with the addition of the right curl activator for me, it's going to be the basis of 6 week long "airdry and bun only" experminet I'll be doing until I get my next relaxer.

It's a light cream, goes on light but gives a nice slip to the hair. I initally began using it only on my wet edges when I wanted to wear my har curly to get them to lay down. Worked like a charm - it left my edges in these beautiful shiny waves. So use number one for me was as a hairline cream on wet hair. Next, I used it on the length of my hair to airdry, in conjunction with my Motions Leave In, and it worked wonderfully. My hair dried in loose shiny waves and curls in some places. In order to get my hair to curl completely, I tried using it again adding my John Frieda Perfect Curls to the mix. Again, I got unbelievably smooth, well formed curls that were extremely soft. My main problem when I airdried in curls with only a watery leave in (Motions) and the John Frieda product was a slight crunchiness - this product took care of that and then some. Use number two then, is sort of a frizz control cream on curly styles.

I also found this was a great addition to my wet sets. it added a lot of shine and my hair was less flyaway. Gave it a little weight without the WEIGHT. Fine haireds will appreciate what I mean on that one - it's a fine line you walk between leaving the hair too light and airy by minimizing product use and having the hair still feel like it has some substance and that it's protected. When I use it for rollersets, I apply my Motions Leave In first and then the cream to the hair below my ears only.

Did I mention it smells heavenly? Like Elucence on steroids. The most wonderful, non-overpowering peach scent ever...IMO.

Because it serves so many purposes in my regime I eliminated a lot of other product - various oils and creams etc that I was using to target the problems mentioned above on an individual basis. This product is a god send and will certainly make life easy in the summer. In the meantime I am going to use it as a moisturizer on wet hair when I airdry and then pull my hair into a bun. I'm seven weeks post relaxer and I want to wait until the first week in March to relax so this will be wonderful for weeks 9-12 when I'm struggling to keep my hair manageable and my hairline smooth.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There - now I can still go to heaven! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Re: Rave: L\'Oreal UnFrizz Taming Cream

Hey Tracy, sounds great. Would you mind listing the ingredients please? (See.....this is how I ended up with all those hair products) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for that review, Tracy! My hair gets very wavy when wet, and unless I roller set to straighten it out the waves become nothing but a ball of frizz when it dries. Maybe this cream can help the waves appear nice and soft instead of dry and frizzy. Thanks again! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Uh Oh... I need to go to Sally's to get some more Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment. This might, um, accidently fall in my basket. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I think I shyed away from this because it lists "gum" in the ingredients. I was afraid it would make my hair sticky/tacky feeling. You don't find this to be the case, do you, Tracy?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Tracy said:
[
Because it serves so many purposes in my regime I eliminated a lot of other product - various oils and creams etc that I was using to target the problems mentioned above on an individual basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its good that you can find ONE product that serves many purposes!!!! congrats... Everytime i find a good one I ADD it to my collection! hence my pj addiction leaves me broke and with enough products to get me through the YEAR /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'm dying to try the unfrizz line... I lucky i forgot about it when i went into a relapse last week!

Thanks for that review, Tracy! I've been wanting to try air drying my hair loose (without doing a twist-out). I think I will get the products you mentioned and give it a try!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

That's great Tracy. Now you know I'm going to have to give this product a try. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LOL @ "Elucence on Steroids" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

i swear, yall are NO help darn it! "LA LA LA LA!!" /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

adrienne

Your welcome to all... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tee - I don't find at all that it makes my hair sticky. This is one of the main problems I have with styling cremes. Not so with this product. And I'm pretty sure it was you who recommended the line to the board to begin with and I really love the conditioner too!

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Beana,

Don't beleive the hype. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif I am SURE I'll find something else to rave about soon. Ya know I'm the queen PJ! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Lindy,

Let me know if you like them. I really like the look I get with these products. It really encourages the curl in my hair.

Arnyqt - the ingredients...

Water
C13-16 Isoparaffin
Propylene Glycol
Dimethicone
Glycerin
Phenoxyethanol
Ptoato Starch Modified
Dimethicone Copolyol
Fragrance
Carbomer