RAVE: Elasta QP Mango Butter Moisturizer

Jewell

Ya'll! I have been hearing of a lot of ladies using this, but I saw it at a BSS weeks ago for $5.99 for a jar. Seemed a bit steep to me, compared to the other EQP products, so I didn't buy it. Well, in Wal-mart yesterday they had it on sale for $3.63 so I picked up 2 jars. LET ME TELL YA-THIS STUFF IS THE BOMB. I like to CO wash my hair in the morning, and so I need something creamy to slick my new growth down. Shea butter was working, but this stuff is even better! Just wanted to say it made my hair "buttery soft" and very shiny/silky, which is unheard of after applying my leave-in products. Usually my hair is crispy like I put setting lotion in it. Just wanted to share!

I agree, it's a bit pricey for such a small jar but it lasts a very long time. It's great on wet hair, too.

$3.63 is a good price! My sister who is natural loves it to!!! It makes her edges lie down so flat, you would think she was relaxed! I think I'll head by Walmart. ;)

i loved the smell of this stuff. it's also good at laying down flyaways and frizzies. :yep:

I have a little trick I do with the Mango Butter. When I want my edges to lay down really smooth, I spray either water or leave-in conditioner, then I apply a little Mango Butter, comb with a fine tooth comb, throw a scarf around for a couple of minutes. When I take it off, looks like I was freshly relaxed.

This stuff is one of my staples as well...I wish my local Wal-Marts carried this stuff, but they don't. Matter of fact no one does, I have to order it.

I too (because of this board ofcourse) purchased a jar over the weekend at sally's. When i opened it just the smell alone was enough for me to be sold...it smelled so yum yum :love:

This stuff smells delish:lick:. It doesn't work for me as a moisturizer, but its great for laying down those resistant edges. I just bought 3 jars for $2.99 each at a BSS going out of business sale.

I use this too and use it on my ends nightly then I either twist or put a magnetic roller on it...it comes out smooth and moisturized in the am...Its a keeper

I loved it when I used it but it didn't seem to last long enough for me. I still needed a little extra something with it, so I was using it with ORS Olive Oil. I would buy it again in the future and maybe just use it on my edges and ends.

Yep i recently started using it after i heard so many raves. the smell is soooo yummy, i just wanna eat it. :eek: I dab a little bit all over my hair before I put my silk scarf on at nite. I do notice that if i use it every day, like after the 4th day, my hair gets a very little bit dry/brittle...I guess from the protein that is in it. So now i alternate between this and UBH creme moisturizer. which is great also, i would say it's the same as the mangobutter, minus the protein and the yummy smell....

This used to be my favorite when I was a newbie in the LHCF. But now, I hardly use it anymore. I should donate it to my mother and let her experience the joy I used to have.

I remember using this stuff when I was transitioning last year, but I don't remember what I thought of it though. I was thinking about it earlier today when I was about to rod my hair and mixed it with some water in a spray bottle to moisturize sections of my hair before rodding it to see if it would make any difference. I guess we shall see in the morning..

This was one of the first hair products that I purchased when I first joined this forum and I was very impressed with the smell:lick: but it didn't work very well on my dry hair:nono: but it did a better job on my wet hair.

I am going to buy 2 more jars of this stuff because its a good price at Wal-mart here right now...I put some on my dry hair and it was good. I put some on my wet hair this morning, and nothing has ever laid my waves down (not even gel) like this stuff did combined with shea butter. I still can't believe that my hair is laid down and not crispy and hard. :eek:

I love the scent of Elasta QP Mango Butter as well. It's great for smoothing edges, it also works for making my hair curl up when used on damp hair.

Ummm... I just tried the Elasta QP Mango Butter this weekend. I'm 9 weeks post relaxer and I was impressed with it (on wet hair). It really tamed my edges without that "gel" feeling. I think I like it. :) Recovery is still my favorite though!

Jewell, you gonna get me in trouble for another product in my PJ stash! :lol: Shame on you! :spank: Anyways, I've been wanting to try this since I saw it at the BSS for $4.99 or so. But Wal-Mart always come through with their prices, since the mango butter is cheaper there. If they have it there, I'm picking up a jar, then go back again for another. I'm off to claim my mango butter!!! :driver:

BC

Back