Rave: Darcy's Botanicals Avocadoa & Wild Plum Twisting Cream

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
After having my hair braided for a month, I took my box braids out last Thursday but did not have time to wash and deep condition my hair. I decided to just put it in some big chunky two strand twists. I wet my hair with some Aloe vera juice and commenced to twisting with the Darcy's. I used clips at the root to keep them semi flat and this is what I had the next morning:

2012-07-13121619.jpg

I used a tiny amount of coconut oil (hence the shine). I will definitely be repurchasing this for twistouts. I took apart one of the twists just to see what they looked like.

KEY INGREDIENTS?
Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Distilled Water, Avocado Oil, Organic Sustainable Palm Oil, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Botanical Oil Complex, Panthenol, Ximenia Oil (Wild Plum), phenoxyethanol and caprylyl glycol, Ylang Ylang, and Lemon Essential Oils.

Ahh good ole' Darcys! The reason I quit using the twisting cream is because it left my hair a little ashy, I never thought about following up with coconut oil. Great idea!

*Your hair looks nice and health!

See, I keep hearing good things about this line. Makes me want to order the entire line. Where did you get this product from OP? Sounds wonderful, makes it hard to resist my former PJ ways.

you know, apart from SM curling souffle and of course Qhemet, Darcys twisters are my fave products for twistouts
I have the avocado and honey twister and really like it mixed with SM curling souffle :yep:

and your hair looks awesomely joooosaaaay :lick:

You have gorgeous thick hair. Tell me more about that cream is it comparable to QHEMET AOHC?

It is except that the AOHC has glycerin and if in the winter it makes my hair feel crunchy. I can use this one year round because its glycerin free.

Plus I don't feel like I can use the AOHC for too many days on unwashed hair. In this pic my hair had not been washed for a month.

Ahh good ole' Darcys! The reason I quit using the twisting cream is because it left my hair a little ashy, I never thought about following up with coconut oil. Great idea!

*Your hair looks nice and health!

I got the idea from some YTbers. so far so good. Thanks for the compliment

See, I keep hearing good things about this line. Makes me want to order the entire line. Where did you get this product from OP? Sounds wonderful, makes it hard to resist my former PJ ways.

I bought it directly from her site during one of her sales. I love her stuff

you know, apart from SM curling souffle and of course Qhemet, Darcys twisters are my fave products for twistouts
I have the avocado and honey twister and really like it mixed with SM curling souffle :yep:

and your hair looks awesomely joooosaaaay :lick:

I am going to try the avocado and honey on the next sale.

Jooosssaaayyy was exactly what I thought when I looked at my hair. Thanks for the compliment.

I'm still so surprised that my hair has been able to thrive although I dye it very few months.

@TopShelf - Beautiful results, uh huh! Have you ever used any other product for twists? If so how do they compare with the DB? Thanks!

I've use the curling souffle by Shea Moisture and after two days of use I feel like I need to wash my hair. It feels crunchy and not as moist as the first day even with a spritz of water.

The Qhemet AOHC is great but not in the winter and it takes longer than this one to melt into the hair.

Your hair looks fab and definitely juicy. I've never tried DB products, but they are very popular. How is the consistency? How about the scent?

TopShelf said:
I've use the curling souffle by Shea Moisture and after two days of use I feel like I need to wash my hair. It feels crunchy and not as moist as the first day even with a spritz of water.

The Qhemet AOHC is great but not in the winter and it takes longer than this one to melt into the hair.

do u put anything moisturizing under the s.m. souffle? First I put the s.m. curl enhancing smoothie then the souffle. my w&g lasted for a week

I used this DB product with and without oil and eneded up with crunchy hair. But I love a couple of their products and their customer service is fab!

Back