Rant and Rave for 2 Kiehl products

jada1111

First the RAVE: :grin:

Kiehls Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak Conditioner - this is an excellent conditioner that left my hair feeling very soft and manageable. The sales associate at the store said that it can be used as both a deep conditioner (w/without heat) and a regular conditioner. It can also be left in. The longer you leave it in the better your hair feels. I've left it on for up to an hour sometimes. I also feel that it helps repair your hair, especially if you use chemicals (i.e., perm, color).

The RANT: :sad:

Kiehls Olive Fruit Oil Shampoo - Since the conditioner was working great I thought I'd buy the matching shampoo. Sigh, wrong decision. :nono: After a few weeks of use, I notice that my hair was looking dull and not acting like it normally does after a wash. At first, I thought it was the Pantene Relaxed & Natural Conditioner. I've been using it for several months with no problems, so I thought maybe my hair wasn't diggin' it anymore.

So yesterday I decided to clarify thoroughly, use Nexxus Emergencee, followed by a DIFFERENT moisturizing shampoo and Pantene R&L conditioner. I could tell immediately that my hair looked the way it NORMALLY does after a wash. The Kiehls shampoo was the culprit. I also checked reviews on makeupalley.com and people were saying that the shampoo was stripping their color, which probably explains why my hair was looking dull and feeling somewhat coated. Never again.

Just wanted to put it out there in case you were thinking of trying it. Definitely try the Repairative Hair Pak Conditioner though! A little goes along way. So far it's lasted me about a couple of months. I use it about once a week and try to alternate with something else. Excellent reviews on makeupalley. :afro:

I'm soooooo happy it wasn't the Pantene conditioner! It is very hard to find a cheap conditioner that works like their more expensive cousins.

Thanks. I've been studying the Kiehl's line for a while. Lawd help me, I'm already mentally calculating how much I'm going to spend on new products when I get paid next week! :D

Ladies : I just got the Kiehl's Intensive Repairateur Deep Conditioning Pack for Severely Dry or Damaged (Chemically treated) Hair. Enriched w/plant proteins, Vitamin E, and pro-vitamin B5. Apply to damp hair and leave on for 1 Hour.

Can't wait to try this one......................................................

OP I've used that conditioner before and yes it is quite good. Thanks for the head's up about the poo.

Ladies : I just got the Kiehl's Intensive Repairateur Deep Conditioning Pack for Severely Dry or Damaged (Chemically treated) Hair. Enriched w/plant proteins, Vitamin E, and pro-vitamin B5. Apply to damp hair and leave on for 1 Hour.

Can't wait to try this one......................................................

lmao you two are killing me up in here - what haven't you tried! :lol:

That conditioner sounds so sooo good! I was in a department store recently and I saw it. I swear to god my hand was trembling - I had to force myself to put it down! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Cream Tee, I know. It's a sickness. I have gotten better because I feel I have the products that work best on my hair so I don't have to stray.

lmao you two are killing me up in here - what haven't you tried! :lol:

That conditioner sounds so sooo good! I was in a department store recently and I saw it. I swear to god my hand was trembling - I had to force myself to put it down! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Okay. Since your hand was actually "trembling" that really means you need to go back and get it ! Or at least, that's what I think it means.

Oh, yeah, by the way thanks for posting that: "How much have you spent" mess:ohwell:

Back