Rank Your Stash

@lulu97 What other items from MoroccanOil do you like? Ive been eyeing that line forever but I cant figure out which items to try. I dont normally like masks in my hair but the reviews Ive seen say the mask is better than the DC.

@Prettymetty Same with Kerastase. I want to try that brand too but its way too many products. I cant choose a conditioner either. Its so many :cry:

@SuchaLady I like the treatment serum for my roller sets. It's super light weight, gives slip, shine and smells amazing. (As does all the products from the line)

I also like the shine spray. It's a great finisher after roller setting. I also use it when I'm working out (outside) or just going to be out in the sun for UV protection.

I have also tried the styling creams, the restorative mask, the hydrating shampoo/conditioner and the restorative shampoo/conditioner and they were all nice. I just have other stuff from different brands that I'm using now that I like better and that is less expensive.

If I could only purchase 2 items, it would definitely be the Hydrating masque and the serum.

@SuchaLady

There is a masque from the orange line. It's a light orange jar with an orange cap. And the Oleo-Relax oil. Those are the only two I would recommend. The oil you will have forever. I've read Reniece uses it as a heat protectant and I've kinda tried it :look: The masque... Well, you know how that goes, but I loved it.

@SuchaLady all of the masks are amazing. The only one I didn't like was the Masquintense for fine hair. It was watery and didn't moisturize at all. Now the one for thick hair is creamy and gives my hair softness for days.

The good thing about Kerastase is that they sell travel sizes and you get free samples with every purchase. Their website is pretty pricy, but at least you know it's authentic. I have bought a few things from Amazon with no problems (way cheaper).

Lookfantastic is a UK site that sells hair and beauty products with free worldwide shipping. They have the best prices, but it takes a while to ship to the states.

Thanks so much @Prettymetty! I always pay attention to your Kerastase posts bc I want to try Kerastase masks but don't know where to start. What are the differences that you notice? Which do you recommend I try first?

Thanks so much @Prettymetty! I always pay attention to your Kerastase posts bc I want to try Kerastase masks but don't know where to start. What are the differences that you notice? Which do you recommend I try first?
My first mask was the Chroma Riche. I got it as part of a set with the shampoo and serum. It was love at first wash.

Once I ran out I didn't repurchase, because of the $75 price tag. It still remained my holy grail... I found it on Amazon years later for a lot less. Then I decided to try a few more.

I have tried the Discipline line for anti frizz (pink), the Nutritive line for moisture (orange), Reflective line for color treated (magenta), Resistance line for strength (green/blue) and the Densite for fine/thinning hair (white).

Since using these masks exclusively I have noticed softer, stronger hair, more shine, better retention, smoother blowouts and easier detangling sessions. What are your problem areas so that I can recommend a few products?

@Prettymetty can you say more about the chroma riche mask?
It has a really sweet perfumey smell. The texture is thin and creamy so it melts into your strands like butter on toast. It is very moisturizing and it makes my (color treated) hair shine and it seems to even my porosity. I used it last wash day for over an hour and my hair was super easy to detangle. Since these masks are concentrated, a little goes a long way and you only need to leave it on 5-10 minutes. I left it in longer, because I was watching Power.

I only recently started purchasing a variety of products, and I've only been natural for a few years, so my list is that of a newbie.

I'll rank them in order of must-have-ness, as in, it would be bad news if I didn't have the product.
  1. NaturelleGrow Protein-free Marshmallow, Slippery Elm, and Cinnamon Deep Conditioner used as a detangler and deep conditioner
  2. DevaCurl Decadence One Condition used as a leave-in conditioner, moisturizer, and curl definer that actually works
  3. Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker
  4. Moroccan rhassoul clay wash used as an alternative to shampoo that also helps with detangling
  5. Shea Moisture High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque (melts and elongates and softens and conditions and detangles my hair)
  6. Oyin Hair Dew to eliminate dryness for 1 if not 2 days
  7. ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo to chelate and clarify without harshly stripping the hair
  8. Shea Moisture High Porosity Shampoo to remove product build-up when chelating isn't necessary but cowashing feels insufficient
  9. DevaCurl Decadence No Poo to cleanse scalp without stripping hair
  10. Oils: coconut oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil, etc.
Thoughts:
I believe I could survive with only the first four five (5) products.
I think that Bekura's Y.A.M. and The Original Moxie's Shape Shifter would be added to the list if I had more experience with them.
I have yet to try Komaza, Amika, Curl Junkie, Miss Jessie's, Jessicurl, Kenra, Curl Keeper, Hydro Quench Systems, Honey's Handmade, It's a 10, etc.
I still haven't tried too many products from Qhemet Biologics, Oyin Handmade, etc.

Last edited:
@SuchaLady

There is a masque from the orange line. It's a light orange jar with an orange cap. And the Oleo-Relax oil. Those are the only two I would recommend. The oil you will have forever. I've read Reniece uses it as a heat protectant and I've kinda tried it :look: The masque... Well, you know how that goes, but I loved it.

@SuchaLady I like the treatment serum for my roller sets. It's super light weight, gives slip, shine and smells amazing. (As does all the products from the line)

I also like the shine spray. It's a great finisher after roller setting. I also use it when I'm working out (outside) or just going to be out in the sun for UV protection.

I have also tried the styling creams, the restorative mask, the hydrating shampoo/conditioner and the restorative shampoo/conditioner and they were all nice. I just have other stuff from different brands that I'm using now that I like better and that is less expensive.

If I could only purchase 2 items, it would definitely be the Hydrating masque and the serum.
@SuchaLady all of the masks are amazing. The only one I didn't like was the Masquintense for fine hair. It was watery and didn't moisturize at all. Now the one for thick hair is creamy and gives my hair softness for days.

The good thing about Kerastase is that they sell travel sizes and you get free samples with every purchase. Their website is pretty pricy, but at least you know it's authentic. I have bought a few things from Amazon with no problems (way cheaper).

Lookfantastic is a UK site that sells hair and beauty products with free worldwide shipping. They have the best prices, but it takes a while to ship to the states.

noted-ryan-the-office.gif

Last edited:
@LStreeter Masquintense thick will be great for moisture and elasticity. Therapiste is great for strength and reduction in breakage/shedding. It smells so good too!
I concur. By the way I may need to use my Kerastase Therapiste next wash day for strength. I love all my Kerastase DCs:lick:. I have been using more natural hand made products in the last 4-6 weeks or so but I need to include some of my Kerastase DCs in my DC routine moving forward. I know they miss me because I miss them :yep:.

Last edited:
It has a really sweet perfumey smell. The texture is thin and creamy so it melts into your strands like butter on toast. It is very moisturizing and it makes my (color treated) hair shine and it seems to even my porosity. I used it last wash day for over an hour and my hair was super easy to detangle. Since these masks are concentrated, a little goes a long way and you only need to leave it on 5-10 minutes. I left it in longer, because I was watching Power.

So I went on a little Kerastase shopping spree and purchased the following:
  • Resistance Therapiste Masque
  • Chroma Riche Masque
  • Initialiste
  • Nutritive Masquintense - Thick hair
I think this should keep me entertained for a while!

So I went on a little Kerastase shopping spree and purchased the following:
  • Resistance Therapiste Masque
  • Chroma Riche Masque
  • Initialiste
  • Nutritive Masquintense - Thick hair
I think this should keep me entertained for a while!
Awesome! You got all the good stuff:yay:

Yay!!! Any other products I should consider?? I use a few of their styling products already (Elixir Ultime oil, Ciment Thermique leave-in, and Résistance Fibre Architecte Hair Serum)
I use the Density mask, because I want thicker hair. I also use the Curl Ideal Cleansing conditioner in place of shampoo every other wash. Other than that you have all of my favorites.

Great thread!:surf:

Shampoo:
Keracare hydrating
CON
Motions moisture shampoo

Moisture conditioners:
Keracare humecto
ORS replenishing conditioner

Protein Conditioners:
Aphogee 2 minute
Redken extreme strength builder
TIGI dumb blonde
Joico Kpak reconstructor
Aphogee 2 step

hydrators/Leave ins:
rosewater
Salerm b21
Keracare conditioning creme hairdress
Keracare leave in
Aphogee green tea keratin
Its a 10

Gel: Ecostyler

Oils:
evoo
Rice bran
ecoo
hempseed
castor
wheatgerm

98% of the products in my stash are staples and I love them all equally :2inlove: But if I had to rank them, it would be as follows:

1. Colorful Neutral Protein Filler
2. MoroccanOil Hydrating Masque
3. Joico Moisture Recovery Balm, conditioner & shampoo
4. Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Daily Fix, Beauticurls A & O cond, Beauticurls Strengthening cond
5. Joico color endure shampoo
6. MoroccanOil serum, Shea Moisture Dry oil

I like these the least but still like them nonetheless and would repurchase:
7. Eco Styler Argan Oil gel, Joico Intense Hydrator

I like these as well but they are too expensive to repurchase and use regularly in my regimen when I have similar products that I like better. Taking my sweet time using them up.
8. Enjoy Luxury conditioner
9. Enjoy Repair Hair Mask
10. Enjoy luxury Mask

*That just about covers my entire stash give or take 1 or 2 items
*I know some lines have multiple items but I just couldn't choose :angeldevil:

I've removed most and added an item. List is way shorter!

1. Joico MR balm
2. Colorful Neutral protein filler
3. Joico MR shampoo/Color endure shampoo
4. Curl Junkie Argan & Olive cond
5. Qhemet moisturizer

Back