Random Ignorance

LovetheLord

My sister was going on and on about how the hair in the back of her head grows the fastest and is the longest. She said she wanted her hair to be even all around. She kept saying she just didn't understand how come the hair on the back of her head seemed to grow so much longer than the top and sides.

I told her that her hair in the back of her head appeared to be longer because the back of her head is closest to her shoulders and that I am sure if she measured her hair with a ruler that there probably wouldn't be that much of a differnce in the length from root to tip. She continued to argue stating that I think I know everything about hair just because I go to that d**n hair site! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

My sister was going on and on about how the hair in the back of her head grows the fastest and is the longest. She said she wanted her hair to be even all around. She kept saying she just didn't understand how come the hair on the back of her head seemed to grow so much longer than the top and sides.

I told her that her hair in the back of her head appeared to be longer because the back of her head is closest to her shoulders and that I am sure if she measured her hair with a ruler that there probably wouldn't be that much of a differnce in the length from root to tip. She continued to argue stating that I think I know everything about hair just because I go to that d**n hair site! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

:grin: ..Actually you are wrong. My hair grows the fastest in the back. I measured my newgrowth. The front of my hair grows 1/4 less than the back.

Different Strokes For Different Folks.:look:

:grin: ..Actually you are wrong. My hair grows the fastest in the back. I measured my newgrowth. The front of my hair grows 1/4 less than the back.

I wouldn't be quick to go either way...I thought my hair in the back grew the fastest too...but it really turned out to be the fact that the curl pattern is looser (3c) and just appears longer than my 4a bunch. When they are both wet and pulled straight, they are about the same length.

If she's not measuring then she's just guessing.

My DH kept saying "I've probably lost 15lbs." When he finally got around to weighing himself it was only 6lbs. :ohwell:

Last edited:
She's probably guessing, but she could be right. I wouldn't be so quick to call someone ignorant unless I'm all up in their heads myself *shrugs*

I agree with the OP, me and my mom have that debate all the time. Lets say if u were to cut a piece of hair from the root at the nape thats BSL. If u put it up to ur crown from the root, it will only reach prally the end of ur neck. The crown will always have to be longer in actual length becuase it has to travel down ur head and neck where as hair at the nape has less to travel, so it appears to be getting down ur back faster.

HOPE this makes sense

I agree. My hair in the back is a different texture than the rest of my hair. It does grow faster and it doesn't need to be relaxed as long either.

Back