Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I kinda want a full size qhemet amla cream. It's been treating my bun right this week.
And is it just me or does that stuff smell really good?? I love citrusy smells

I've gone back and forth about dyeing this hair and covering my now numerous greys that are up in my hairline and in the middle of my hair(I'm not 40 yet!). I'm noticing some at the back too! Every method seems like hassle. Permanent dyes - the risks of PPD and damage. My hair ignored and laughed at the semi-permanent Naturtint and not one grey got covered, despite leaving it on for 45 minutes. Henna and indigo - takes aaaages and I haven't got time for that. Too many greys for hair mascara and anyway I've heard that can get messy. Nope, nope, nope. You know what? I'm saying da heck with it, I'm gonna continue to let these grey hairs grow. I feel like I might actually fully embrace the silver hairs one day soon.

Have you tried demi-permanent? I'm going to try that for the first time at the end of the month. Semi-permenant isn't working for my grays anymore and I don't want to embrace them.

Dh wants me to visit him at work tonight. That means I have to do something with my hair... and put on real clothes. I'm a mother of 4 small kids. I pretty much live in buns and yoga pants :lol:

After I buy the Shea Moisture Purification Masque during the CVS sale, I'm not buying anything until Black Friday sales kick in.

DoDo, You better not!!!! :bat: I'm trying to get to where you are!! Banish these thoughts!! Banish them!!! :lachen:
I was actually coming in here to say that I wished I had grown my relax hair out instead of BCing. My hair was wonderful after my last touch up, and I didn't really get to enjoy it :ohwell:

ckisland

:lachen: :lachen: Okay! Okay! Lol, the thoughts are banished :lol:. You are coming with a :bat: and everything.

Your growth has been very fast. At this rate you will get to your goals in no time flat :yep: .

ckisland

:lachen: :lachen: Okay! Okay! Lol, the thoughts are banished :lol:. You are coming with a :bat: and everything.

Your growth has been very fast. At this rate you will get to your goals in no time flat :yep: .

:lachen: :lachen: I'm trying to save every beautiful head of hair I can :lol:

And thanks!!! You're so supportive and amazing :bighug:

I've gone back and forth about dyeing this hair and covering my now numerous greys that are up in my hairline and in the middle of my hair(I'm not 40 yet!). I'm noticing some at the back too!

Every method seems like hassle. Permanent dyes - the risks of PPD and damage. My hair ignored and laughed at the semi-permanent Naturtint and not one grey got covered, despite leaving it on for 45 minutes. Henna and indigo - takes aaaages and I haven't got time for that. Too many greys for hair mascara and anyway I've heard that can get messy. Nope, nope, nope.

You know what? I'm saying da heck with it, I'm gonna continue to let these grey hairs grow. I feel like I might actually fully embrace the silver hairs one day soon.

If you can be happy with it, I say that's the way to go :yep:

I tried all the ways and now do permanent color from SM. I keep contemplating henna/indigo but for now sticking to the permanent color. Will re-evaluate in the spring.

I have had an urge to color my hair purple for the past few months. I'm not sure where that came from :lol:. I'm over 30 and I've never permanently colored my hair...only a rinse and it was jet black.

Maybe I'll try temporary streaks using the Maybelline Color Tattoo. I saw Chime/HairCrush do it and it looked pretty.

Should I do a rinse before or after Aphogee treatment?

I would probably do the rinse after the protein treatment. Your hair will be in better shape to receive the rinse, plus rinses don't last long; so putting a rinse in 1st & then doing the protein treatment will lessen ur time with color due to the added wash.

I have had the best hair week in months with this wash and go
Tomo I'm def going to see if they have the salon size of the blue

My salon has went up $10 on the price of services. They are good at what they do but it's time for me to find a new stylist. They were expensive to begin with. I always deep condition my own hair before I before my appointment. Who the heck is paying $25 for a deep condition or $45 for the steamer ON TOP of the price of the style service? Get out of here.

I need to do my ApHogee 2 step soon...

And then I need to book an appointment to straighten my haiiirrrr!

It's literally been a year since I've flat ironed it and I want to see how it looks. Not sure if I want to do it now or over Thanksgiving...

Hmmmmmmm

I think I'm gonna stop Henning my hair. My stylist has me paranoid that my hair Wil break off. I have like 3 packs left ugh!!

She just said that if I kept using it my hair would be coated in a way that moisturizer or deep conditioner wouldn't penetrate. It would become more dry and brittle cause the henna would block anything else from getting into the strand.she said I'm better with just doing a rinse or semi perm

She just said that if I kept using it my hair would be coated in a way that moisturizer or deep conditioner wouldn't penetrate. It would become more dry and brittle cause the henna would block anything else from getting into the strand.she said I'm better with just doing a rinse or semi perm

Yeah ok....:rolleyes:

I don't think that's completely made up. I've seen the same complaints here. It has a lot do with porosity IMO. There is a reason people that want lasting results use it being that it never goes away :lol: However, you know your hair the best.

I chopped off some relaxed ends tonight. Im going to finished what i started tomorrow :) that will make me fully natural almost one year post to the day. So excited! and nervous, but mostly excited

I couldn't use henna due to me having low porosity hair. She maybe right.

Back