Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Thank you ladies!!
I was sleeping in a bonnet but it crushes my wash and go. I bought a buff to sleep in and it will work for a few more months until my hair is longer than the buff.
I’ll try a long silk scarf.

Thank you ladies!!
I was sleeping in a bonnet but it crushes my wash and go. I bought a buff to sleep in and it will work for a few more months until my hair is longer than the buff.

I had this same problem with the bonnet and it also rubbed on my edges. To maintain a wash n go I tie the hair down in the direction I wear it. It will flatten it through the night but the steam from the shower easily plumps it back up without losing any definition.

Thank you ladies!!

If I give my hair a good shake and light fluff it falls back into shape. My hair is shorter though so it's flat after sleeping with nothing or something on it lol.

My boss’s crotchet braids are pretty. I asked her how she did them and she told me it was braidless. She watched a hack video on YouTube. Basically rubber bands and connected ponytails. I’m tempted. Some kind of braid is happening this week

I finally had the courage to do a length check post hair cut. Still waist length at the very back. She cut my hair with some face framing layers so it’s definitely not blunt or all one length. I went in with my hair being near hip length.

I think my hair will be shoulder length even if I grow it back out to hip length or beyond. But since wash day doesn’t take that long, I’ll let it grow out as much as I can.

@toaster Hello! I use both silk pillowcase & bonnet,just in case my silk bonnet comes off I have my silk pillowcase to keep my skin and hair right.

Happy Hair Growing!
Thank you, Lita!! I bought a “buff” to sleep in for my wash and go’s, but I’m also going to get a silk pillowcase.

I guess I'm keeping my new stylist. I was in the Trader Joe's parking lot on Saturday when a woman pulled up in her car, pulled down her mask and asked me if "that was my natural hair" I told her it was and said that my stylist was in Manhattan. I guess she thought she could find someone good in Long Island - (I haven't been able to) because she made a little face. Instagram is the new business card, so I gave the IG name for her to follow up....

Last edited:
I dont know how folks set their hair at night. Even if i pineapple my hair gets stretched and if its too loose, then it gets compact.
I sweat in my sleep a lot so if I want my hair to look like it did the previous day, I need to either braid it or twist it at night.

I slept with just a bonnet on and woke up looking like someones aunt with my hair pushed above my eyebrows in a bouffant.

I'm overdue for some much needed maintenance. I love doing my own hair but it take sooooo long to do. I'm thinking about going to the shop but sometimes I feel like my scalp doesn't feel as clean as I would like. Am I the only one who feels like your scalp isn't really clean unless you do your own shampooing?

Back