Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I finally took my braids out last night and washed my hair. I'm glad I trusted my instinct to condition with Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition (my hair loves Garnier :lick:) left the conditioner in overnight because my hair was so dry and rough. :( Had I not been so tired when I went to sleep, I'd have been in tears because my hair was one big mess. I rinsed in the shower and my hair was so soft! :afro: Finger detangling was super easy too. Thank goodness...

Anyone have experience with the Puff Cuff? Is it worth the purchase?
I have the large “Puff Cuff” & a few medium size knock-offs because the other sizes were never in stock when I was looking to buy. I think the “worth” depends on your intended use & hair type. The actual PuffCuff I have is really big & the joint is an exposed metal circle; it also has a curve, which means you can only wear it one way. I found my hair would always slide up in that metal thing no matter what. The knockoffs are one thick, solid piece of plastic with no metal parts. It’s thicker & not as pretty but doesn’t rip my hair out at its joint so...
Length put weight on my loose natural hair & it doesn’t just sit there, it hangs. So I like the smaller ones to hold small buns on the top of my head; the bigger one was better when I had locs because it’s so big but now I only use it for holding back chunky twists.

Attachments

• E013C2C3-1296-49AA-850A-07139ED5BF1B.jpeg
    E013C2C3-1296-49AA-850A-07139ED5BF1B.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 2AFC5D8E-D1EA-4982-A7EA-8687C71DB489.jpeg
    2AFC5D8E-D1EA-4982-A7EA-8687C71DB489.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 12
Hey all.

just wanted to come wish today’s birthday folks a happy birthday. I won’t be around much in the next few weeks. Unfortunately , the Lord called my mom home and I’m a little overwhelmed.
I wish you all the strength and blessings to endure in these coming days. If you have some time, pray my strength in the Lord that I remain encouraged.

until we meet again. God bless.
Oh my! You have my deepest condolences and are in my thoughts & prayers.

This summer has been full of “growth itchies.”

It’s been about a year since I ramped up a bunch of growth techniques at once.

Interestingly, I am a promoter and enthusiast of various “growth aides.” Recently, I watched a YT video denouncing the efficacy of growth aides because people don’t keep up with them “long term.”
Currently, I’m a size 10/12 (trying to get back to my normal 4/6). Diet, exercise, high water intake, and good regular sleep can deliver me to my goal within 3 months... yet I’ve been on this weight loss journey for over a year. It’s not because those methods don’t work that I don’t use them as regularly as I need to for them to be effective....:drunk:
**rant over** I guess I feel that growth challenges using various methods aren’t really a “lifestyle” installation, more occasional for boosts.:look:

My hair is telling me that I need some product with more hold for my twist outs- light hold isn't cutting it anymore. I'm getting good definition but it doesn't stay long.
Let's see how this foam mousse does for hold.

So, I guess I have to stalk the Qhemet site for the products I want? The moringa leave in (conditioning ghee) and the balm?

Forget about getting them on sale either.

this quarantine has me toying with the idea of transitioning again even though it was so traumatic last time
i havent had a relaxer since march and i've had a lot of breakage , so part of me wants to keep on going but on the other hand my hair is driving me nuts and i would love to just get it done again

So I've been thinking about it for a while and I think I want to do sisterlocs for real real. I've been coming back again and again to faux locs to delay but I think I'm ready. I also really want to dye my hair. Not sure if I can even achieve the blonde I want with all the henna in my hair but it's something to think about. I can't imagine a summer without beaches, rivers and pools so I'm going to wait and do the consultation in September. But I do need to figure out if I can even dye my hair before then with my hair in its not so stellar shape.

I usually never go more than 7 days without washing my hair, but I have this week off and I got lazy. But by day 9 my scalp wasn’t having it anymore.
I washed this morning and I feel so much better now.

If you had of told me that there was a hair product out there that could:
- Grease my scalp to help control my scalp eczema
-Define my coils for both a twist-out and wash-and-go
-Provide a lasting soft hold for a twistout
-Minimize frizzing in this humid NC weather
-Seal the moisture for 2-3 days at a time

...I would've called you a liar. But apparently Sunny Isle's Jamaican Black Castor Oil Pure Butter does all of that. Just took out 4 different products in one go (tea seed oil, Camille Rose Natural's Coconut Water Elixir, Kinky Curly Curling Custard, and my regular JBCO). I am so shook with this product's performance.

Has anyone order from Camden-Grey recently? Last mention I found about the site was from 2018. Anyone have any problems ordering from them. I'm interested in rhassoul clay possibly in bulk.

TIA.

Last night I used the Girl+Hair water to foam shampoo and the leave-in. I have the mask (Curl cloud) but didn’t get to use that. The shampoo was really light but somehow left my scalp feeling Clean-clean without making my hair feel stripped. I used the leave-in on my hair after giving each section a generous dollop of aloe gel. It feels quite light but was very spreadable and smells very fresh. What surprised me most is that I used far less of both than I expected.
I’m already considering buying a backup of the shampoo.

I lost about 5 or 6 braids cause (1. My hair is too short 2. When I moisturize about every other day, I spray the bajeezus out of it with my Surge Jr or APB Leave In and add TGIN Green Tea Moisturizer +I submerge myself in the tub about every 3 days cause it just feels good lol. Good-ish thing this is human hair. I’m kinda mad, but eh *shrugs*

They cha-chaing real smooth out my head:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I lost about 5 or 6 braids cause (1. My hair is too short 2. When I moisturize about every other day, I spray the bajeezus out of it with my Surge Jr or APB Leave In and add TGIN Green Tea Moisturizer +I submerge myself in the tub about every 3 days cause it just feels good lol. Good-ish thing this is human hair. I’m kinda mad, but eh *shrugs*

They cha-chaing real smooth out my head:lachen::lachen::lachen:
According to my calendar it’s only been 19 days :spinning:

E2D403F9-9C23-4D70-8797-AD685482F381.jpeg This hair botox (prismax) is the truth! I did the treatment Friday morning before I went out of town. It got extremely frizzy with the treatment still in. When I washed today the softness, shine and smoothness was revealed. I must’ve known it would be good, because I ordered more yesterday lol. Get you some. 1 treatment lasts about a month and it’s 12.99

This is not a keratin treatment. It’s a moisturizing and repairing treatment that I absolutely adore. I’m sure I’ll order the 3 pack next time

Back