Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I'm going back to straight haired natural and bkting 4 times a year. Wash, dc, satin twists dry, flat iron on medium heat with my Marcel flat iron and pressing combs. one pass only. style. Repeat every 3-4 weeks. when I do a keratin I use my dryer and titanium flat iron 2 passes at 375-410.

my hair used to be so thick when I was a " heat trained" natural. so I'm hoping this works out for me again.

I had a good starting point tonight. The curls was popping. The only thing I needed to do was apply gel and let it air dry but I chickened.
I already deal with ssks, so I've been on the fence about it due to that. I might try it sometime next year but as of right now, twists have been my go to style and just easier for me. I'm really not the type to do different styles given the amount of hair I have and my patience barely being there these days.

I already deal with ssks, so I've been on the fence about it due to that. I might try it sometime next year but as of right now, twists have been my go to style and just easier for me. I'm really not the type to do different styles given the amount of hair I have and my patience barely being there these days.

How many twists do you put in?

I'm going back to straight haired natural and bkting 4 times a year. Wash, dc, satin twists dry, flat iron on medium heat with my Marcel flat iron and pressing combs. one pass only. style. Repeat every 3-4 weeks. when I do a keratin I use my dryer and titanium flat iron 2 passes at 375-410.

my hair used to be so thick when I was a " heat trained" natural. so I'm hoping this works out for me again.
@Napp which keratin treatment are you using?

Do your products contain humectants? They work best when it's humid out, not so much when it's dry out.

Yes! I discovered last night my leave in does as well as my DC.

I'm guessing this means I need to buy some new hair care products to make it through this dry winter. Usually I would be all up on that but a sister trying to conserve coins cause the holidays are coming.

Back