Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I'm becoming a DIYer with the help of someone coming in my home to braid for wigs and falls. I've Been going to stylist lately but she has made me realize why I stopped going. My hair was doing better without the biweekly appointments and the drama. I'm cutting down on going to her to twice a year. Other than that I will figure it out.

Even though I'm sick I'm going to try to roller set my hair today or tomorrow. I swear every single time I get a break from school I end up sick. All I want to do is take a little vacation. It's like the universe is telling me I don't need to be on a plane so I guess I'll just do my hair.

I really am glad that there are new products being developed for natural hair but I am also sooooooo pissed off that it took these companies so long to create quality products for our hair. Sorry after years of fending for myself in the hair world I am not going to trust my hair to you.

I will stick with my raw shea, EVOO and coconut oil. Sorry not sorry.

I really am glad that there are new products being developed for natural hair but I am also sooooooo pissed off that it took these companies so long to create quality products for our hair. Sorry after years of fending for myself in the hair world I am not going to trust my hair to you.

I will stick with my raw shea, EVOO and coconut oil. Sorry not sorry.

Is that all you use in your hair? I'm currently experimenting with grease as a sealant, but I think I may switch off with shea from time to time.

i plan on growing my hair out...i am bored with short nearly bald...i am just bored with it. got my wigs to help me grow it out...after it grows out...i plan on not wearing them unless i am having a bad hair day
I felt like this 2 yrs ago and have been growing my hair ever since (no wigs though). I do miss the low maintenance (especially during PMS when I'm ready to shave it off again!), but I'm loving my hair.

Looks like I won't be doing my hair until next week. I have the flu...again:cry3:...my weak immune system needs to get it together. I feel like crap and now I have to look like crap.

Being sick has me falling off of everything. Didn't take my vitamins, didn't start my inversion method for the month. I haven't even really had any bamboo tea. OJ, sleep and medicine is all I've been wanting. I'll try to do better tomorrow...well today since it's technically a new day.

Organic creations (where I get my DC base) changed their formula. Aloe is the first ingredient instead of chamomile tea. I. AM. LIVID. Finally found a conditioner base I like and this happens. I just cannot with these companies. Well, I'll look around for a replacement or start making my own.
so-upset-GIF

Oh man, I so dislike re-doing my hair during the work week (last night), but oh man am I loving these fresh pen coils :yep:

So, it's weird to have my hair used to try out new products. Today it's being tested with a different shampoo and leave in. Just nice to have a gentle shampoo done by someone else.

I really like how my hair is reacting to the Komaza protein but I really hate their shipping cost! Shipping is two-thirds of the cost of ONE bottle.
Has anyone tried & liked it and found anything comparable? (I don't know if its considered gentle, hard, or what)

I really like how my hair is reacting to the Komaza protein but I really hate their shipping cost! Shipping is two-thirds of the cost of ONE bottle.
Has anyone tried & liked it and found anything comparable? (I don't know if its considered gentle, hard, or what)
@faithVA did a first impression comparison between the komaza protein and the aphogee 2 step. I can't remember where she posted it, but it was relatively recent. Maybe search her posts?

This. This is what's preventing me from placing an order, and the fact that she doesn't appear to distribute her product to online distributors like Hattache and Pampered Tendrils.

Last edited:
Back