Raise your hand if you primarily use local BSS and Drugstore products!

FAMUDva

I've only been on LHCF since Nov. 05 and I am so impressed by the success that many of you have! I have on noted that alot of folks order and use products that I just wouldn't be able to find at my local BSS or at the drug store down the street.

How many of you are having success with OTC stuff that you've found just at your local BSS or at your local drugstore, or even at the nearest Wal-Mart?

I don't have a problem with internet orders, but I don't really like tracking stuff down or figuring out where I can buy it from. Maybe I'm lazy, but I like to be able to drive 1/2 a mile down the road to the BSS (non-Sally's or Sally's) and pick up what I need. Am I alone?

All of my products can be picked up at the BSS or salon.

I get better deals on my Fermodyl leave in vials and 1/2 gallon sized Kenra Clarifying by ordering online, but they can be picked up though.

Sally's or Target/Walmart..

and only BSS if its an emergency..

Although I havent bought any new products in like the past month :yay:

I only buy stuff at walmart, sometimes a bss but we don't have any "black products" bss up where I live, so I can't buy anything on a regular basis from the bss.
I see zero point in paying salon prices to get the same results I get from my otc stuff.:ohwell:

KhandiB said:
Sally's or Target/Walmart...

Same as the above but add CVS/Sav-on's to that mix. The only BSS I purchase from is black owned Friday's beauty supply. I am not a pj so I only buy what I need.

My Silicon Mix is really the only product that I have to purchase online because I can't find it anywhere in my area. The rest of my staple products I buy from the BSS or drug store. Quick and easy. :)

ME ME ME. I have never brought any thing online expect for my UPA clip. I am a BSS/Sally's Walmart/Target girl.

I have been tempted but I haven't yet.

FAMUDva said:
I've only been on LHCF since Nov. 05 and I am so impressed by the success that many of you have! I have on noted that alot of folks order and use products that I just wouldn't be able to find at my local BSS or at the drug store down the street.

How many of you are having success with OTC stuff that you've found just at your local BSS or at your local drugstore, or even at the nearest Wal-Mart?

I don't have a problem with internet orders, but I don't really like tracking stuff down or figuring out where I can buy it from. Maybe I'm lazy, but I like to be able to drive 1/2 a mile down the road to the BSS (non-Sally's or Sally's) and pick up what I need. Am I alone?
Girl, I dont blame you. Im not ordering offline anymore. Because sometimes I order offline and Im not pleased with the products, then I have to ship it back and then wait 7-10 days for my refund. Too much trouble!!! So from now on, Im just gonna get it from the BSS, Walmart, or Target!!:D

mermaid said:
I only buy stuff at walmart, sometimes a bss but we don't have any "black products" bss up where I live, so I can't buy anything on a regular basis from the bss.
I see zero point in paying salon prices to get the same results I get from my otc stuff.:ohwell:

This was the exact reason I was asking the question... I see many recommendations for high end products that are bought from the salon, the internet, etc and wanted to know if there really is nothing comparable at the discount stores or the local BSS.

you're not alone. i don't buy hair products online (cause i can't smell them), only hair appliances. i get all my hair products from walmart, target, sally's, and a local beauty salon (for my dudley products). so far i'm having great results.

FAMUDva said:
This was the exact reason I was asking the question... I see many recommendations for high end products that are bought from the salon, the internet, etc and wanted to know if there really is nothing comparable at the discount stores or the local BSS.

I can't afford those high-end products, so I do my best with local products from the bss, drugstore, or discount stores.

Local BSS, Walmert, Target, Sally and Total Beauty Salon pretty carry everything I need, except for my Salerm 21 which I have to order online.

I can get most of my stuff from the salon and BSS, the only things I really have ordered online were my Dominican Conditioners but I have found a store not to far that have what I need. Maybe you can ask some of the Georgia ladies where they get their products locally, it may only 20 min. away but you just don't know.
Alot of vitamins I was about to order online happen to be 5 min. away from me from an online store I was about to order from but did a search on there site and found one right in my area.

Alot of things that you use to only be able to get at the salon or a salon/store like Ulta or Trade Secretes, you can find at Walmart, Target and some drug stores too, I know Nexxus, Paul Mitchell and Sebastions have been popping up just about everywhere lately. Plus through trial and era you may find some cheaper products that work for you. Try getting samples from www.walmart.com when they have the free poo and cond. samples and give it a try b4 buying.
FAMUDva said:

almost all of my stuff is otc. (Wal-Mart, Sally's, korean bss, dollar store) except my moisturizers because I like to use more natural moisturizers and I can't find them otc.

FAMUDva said:

Nope. I only buy what I can get via the store. Too much selection in store to do anything drastic.

I am way too impatient to order online. Most of my stuff comes from CVS, Sally's, Wal-Mart or the mega bss down the street from my house.

The only thing that I may have to order online is my henna (when I finally jump on the bandwagon) and I may not even have to do that because there's a lady in my building who does henna tattoos for a living.

For me its an even split b/t internet and Walmart or Sallys. Actually the only things I have ordered online hairwise in about 6 months have been off the Hair Product Exchange Board.

My current set of products are BSS and drug store products. The last thing that I ordered was hair. The BSS in my town only carries synthetic.

Sally, Wal-Greens (occassionally) and the Family Dollar for ORS Replenishing Paks. I Can't wait til our Target opens in a couple more weeks. YES!!! We finally got a Target!!!

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I can get most of my stuff from the salon and BSS, the only things I really have ordered online were my Dominican Conditioners but I have found a store not to far that have what I need. Maybe you can ask some of the Georgia ladies where they get their products locally, it may only 20 min. away but you just don't know.
Alot of vitamins I was about to order online happen to be 5 min. away from me from an online store I was about to order from but did a search on there site and found one right in my area.

I buy my stuff ok at the stores I mentioned... Just wondering if I was the only one doing this since it seems like a lot of LHCF ladies rave about high end products that you have to get from a salon or online.

I appreciate your comments, but I was just inquiring if there were other folks who go the cheap route like me and STILL are successful. :)

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one ladies. :D I started feeling like I was in a BIG minority around here. When I first joined, I got the impression that if you didn't buy high end, you wouldn't see these great results!

Boy was I WRONG. :lol:

Sweet C said:
For me its an even split b/t internet and Walmart or Sallys. Actually the only things I have ordered online hairwise in about 6 months have been off the Hair Product Exchange Board.

This is the same way for me as well. A majority of my oils/conditioners come from Walmrt/grocery store/bss. I order online my Elucence and a couple of moisutrizers. I ordered my elucence poo and conditioner last fall and I still have a lot left (33 oz ea) so for me it's def worth it. I also buy a lot of my staple moisturizer (qhemet heavy creme) when I see it once in a while in the exchange forum.

You are definatley not alone. Everything I buy for my hair comes from either one of the two BSS's across the street from my apt, CVS or National Wholesale Liquidators. I am a simple person and money is too hard to come by to spend on something that gives me the same end result as something cheaper All my supplies are below $20 dollars. The highest thing you will find in my stash is the Mizani H20 nighttime treatment and the Mizani hairdress.

[URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxdm801YYUS"]http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxdm801YYUS[/URL]

Right now I am all about Sally's. I also on occasion buy products at Wal-Mart, Target, or Brook's and CVS when there is a sale on something I like or am interested in. Brook's has crazy sales on cheapie conditioners like Suave, White Rain, and Vo5 as well NTM. My only salon product that I use is Rusk Smoother and I have purchased that at a local BSS that has 30% coupons and I scored on a huge bottle at CVS. :sekret:

It's a rare event that I order anything on line. The only hair purchase I have made online was for the QB Alma & Olive Heavy Cream which was well worth the cost and method. However, when it comes right down to it, I'm all for cheap and accessible vs. hard to find and pricey. No contest. :cool:

Back