R/relationships: Fiance's Dad Insists On Doing A Hymen Check & other mess

brg240

EDIT: I put a new relationship reddit post in post #20
-------------'----------------
I had meant to post this last year but forgot. Literally one of the worst things id read

I also linked some recent posts. That just seem like they'll eventually turn into dateline episode

Last edited:
Chiiiile.

Let me just go.

giphy.gif

Oh hell no. Dump the fiancé
She did dump him thankfully. Whenever i see a story I'm just like I really hope you didn't take them back :nono:

Sadly, I’ve read most of these stories. They never get better. Only more depressing.
There were two somewhat funny ones i saw posted recently (funny b/c of the ridiculousness. It was obviously not funny to them.)

1. A guy's girlfriend buried his stock of canned beans in the woods and wouldn't reveal where b/c what if looters got them.o_O
2 A guy whose girlfriend said he didn't care about her b/c he couldn't tell the difference between the members of the kpop group BTS. :drunk:

The women ended up breaking up with both of them :abducted:

giphy.gif

The guy not allowed by his wife to go upstairs in their new house blew my mind... he's let that go on for two months too.. scary :nono:
I want to reply but each time I start I smh. She should've waited until she was married to pull this. And he should be thankful for the warning that she's a nut job. He should go up there and look around even if there is a camera because it's his house. It's weird how people think they're doing you a favor with their secrets when you'd be better off knowing and finding a sane partner. Like that never crosses their minds.

Girl hogging the upstairs would be met with a new rule that anything not upstairs is now off limits. That includes the fridge, the front door, all of outside (or she can order a ladder from amazon?). She’s probably a cam girl though honestly

No we most definitely are not checking my hymen. What kind of weird cult foolishness is this? Not happening

No, your dad will not be in the delivery room while I’m giving birth. Nor will you. Because once I survive, you won’t know what to do with me. Sitting back planning my death this whole theme. You spent my whole pregnancy stressing me out. I want a divorce

I could see how this would seem weird, but for someone like me who works on/with spreadsheets on the daily, I'm unmoved :ohwell:

I don't even work with spreadsheets and I'm not immediately freaked out by what she's done. Maybe there's something wrong with me but why is he mad at her? It's not like the list is comparing him to another guy (and even then it would suck for him to see but something I would do too :look:) Overall this might seem Type A and a little quirky but other than that? What is his complaint? "I can't believe she wrote stuff down about our relationship so she could buy me thoughtful presents and do things I like! :cry3:" Like come on man. If he wants he could bring it up to her but I imagine it would probably embarrass her and he would be the one getting dumped.

I don't even work with spreadsheets and I'm not immediately freaked out by what she's done. Maybe there's something wrong with me but why is he mad at her? It's not like the list is comparing him to another guy (and even then it would suck for him to see but something I would do too :look:) Overall this might seem Type A and a little quirky but other than that? What is his complaint? "I can't believe she wrote stuff down about our relationship so she could buy me thoughtful presents and do things I like! :cry3:" Like come on man. If he wants he could bring it up to her but I imagine it would probably embarrass her and he would be the one getting dumped.
If you read in the post, what she actually tracks, and the layout of the spreadsheet.... i was like OMG... that's what I do.... just not in Google Docs...
(She's got some fresh ideas!)
She has her period and emotion tracker (I created one in my phone calendar... so I can correlate when I'm acting crazy to when the worst days of my period are)
... she has a gift idea tracker (mine is on a screenshot folder in my computer) and a pros and cons list
... which I just usually write out.

LOL! But she keeps it all in one place. Ingenious!

If you read in the post, what she actually tracks, and the layout of the spreadsheet.... i was like OMG... that's what I do.... just not in Google Docs...
(She's got some fresh ideas!)
She has her period and emotion tracker (I created one in my phone calendar... so I can correlate when I'm acting crazy to when the worst days of my period are)
... she has a gift idea tracker (mine is on a screenshot folder in my computer) and a pros and cons list
... which I just usually write out.

LOL! But she keeps it all in one place. Ingenious!
I have an excel spreadsheet on my work computer that I track my entire life. I have all of those and also which outfits I wore on dates and special events, which outfits I wore to visit his parents, what my boyfriend complimented me on, ideas of what I could ask his help with so he can feel needed and rescue me :look:, and recipes he mentions he wanted to try.

Wow it's almost exactly a year later. This instantly made me think of the pregnant woman with the creepy husband and father in law that were prophesying he death.

This is another dateline episode in the making

People are pointing out its possible Thad the plan was for the ex to get approve pregnant bc of her fertility issues

Wow it's almost exactly a year later. This instantly made me think of the pregnant woman with the creepy husband and father in law that were prophesying he death.

This is another dateline episode in the making

People are pointing out its possible Thad the plan was for the ex to get approve pregnant bc of her fertility issues

This feels like a lifetime movie. I would move out of state for sure.

Back