R.I.P Shiny hair

lunabelle

My once shiny lively hair is gone and it's all my fault:cry2:. Back in June I decided to relax with Mizani butter blends mild after reading all of the great benefits about lye relaxers. Why oh why do I do that?:wallbash: My hair was a dry, dull mess. So, in October I went back to my trusted Optimum no-lye to try to pump some life back in my hair. Didn't work:nono:. My roots came out straighter but the strands were still dull. I've dc'd, acv rinsed, clarified, I've tried everything but nothing is helping. It just seems at though all the glosses and moisturizes are getting soaked up. So, should I pull the relaxer down the length of my obviously underprocessed strands a little next time or just hope that it comes back to life on it's own. I don't want to cause more damage. What do you ladies think?

You need to chelate instead of clarify. It seems as if you have some mineral deposits left from the no lye relaxer. This should help a great deal.

You need to chelate instead of clarify. It seems as if you have some mineral deposits left from the no lye relaxer. This should help a great deal.

Ohhhh, thanks. I'll try that. Any suggestions on good chelating shampoos? But, now that I think about it..my hair was doing fine with the no-lye. It didn't get dull until after I used the LYE relaxer...
:eh:

what about the oil rinses everyone seems to be raving about? I haven't tried it yet but it seems like it may help

If you are cheap, like me. I would suggest ORS Aloe Shampoo.

If you are high class, some people like Kenra, Elucence (the yellow one) Redken Cleansing Cream etc

Ohhhh, thanks. I'll try that. Any suggestions on good chelating shampoos? But, now that I think about it..my hair was doing fine with the no-lye. It didn't get dull until after I used the LYE relaxer...
:eh:

Back