Quite a sight in Target yesterday...

WaterMoccasin

My boyfriend and I were in Target and he called my attention to something...See, normally when we see IR relationships, it's a black man/white woman relationship, but this time he saw a black woman/white man. I turned too late to see- all I saw was their bi-racial child and the woman from behind...WHO HAD BUTT-LENGTH HAIR. It was in layers because a section of it was about an inch past shoulder-length, another section beyond bra-strap and the final section under her butt (there may or may not have been another in-between). We were heading to the cash registers but I was like, it's not something you see everyday, please let me pretend to look for an item so i can get another/closer look! and he was like, no.
I don't know if it was relaxed or natural hair, it was just really big, thick, and actually very messy looking, very dry too. The ends looked like they needed trimming and had fallen from being curled or something...
My boyfriend was expecting me to start hating on her and say that it was a weave but I didn't because it definitely didn't look like one- the texture was the same throughout (she looked like she had 4a/b hair), it was too..real looking (for lack of a better word) and people don't usually go to those extremes with weaves.
It was quite a sight- on ANYONE, no matter the color, because that was a LOT of hair- I've never seen that much hair on one person in my life...well except for this guyanese girl who had knee-length hair but she kept it in a single braid and it wasn't as BIG and thick-looking as this other woman's.
It would've been striking at a couple inches past shoulder because of how BIG it was...so you can imagine.
what an image
shocked.gif
...had to mention it...

Last edited:
Now see, if I spied such a sight, that's when all my shyness would depart and I'd follow her to her car discussing her regimen with her.
laugh.gif
(I'd be sure to excuse myself to her partner with my sweetest smile for my intrusion on their peaceful world.
grin.gif
But I know I'd not be able to hold back my awe.) I would probably even give her my phone number if she didn't have time for me (and secretly take down her car reg. just in case she forgets to call or disguises her hair in a bun next time she came to town terrified of meeting crazy me again). Hell yeah, long haired sisters, be warned: if you wear your hair down and happen to cross my path, I'll be all over you
love.gif
like flies on....
rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
nonie said:
Now see, if I spied such a sight, that's when all my shyness would depart and I'd follow her to her car discussing her regimen with her.
laugh.gif
(I'd be sure to excuse myself to her partner with my sweetest smile for my intrusion on their peaceful world.
grin.gif
But I know I'd not be able to hold back my awe.) I would probably even give her my phone number if she didn't have time for me (and secretly take down her car reg. just in case she forgets to call or disguises her hair in a bun next time she came to town terrified of meeting crazy me again). Hell yeah, long haired sisters, be warned: if you wear your hair down and happen to cross my path, I'll be all over you
love.gif
like flies on....
rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, Nonie.
smile.gif
sekret.gif
BahamaMama, which Target was this? Do you live in the Twin Cities? (Nyambura plotting an unnecessary trip to Target on the off chance of spotting the long-haired 4a/b lady
scratchchin.gif
....)

It always inspires me whenever I see a black woman with her own long hair - natural or relaxed. Extra long hair seems to turn everyone's heads!

sucking teeth and stroopsing!..."You did not get the license number and her mamma's number????
crazy.gif
...give us your number...we are coming over, all of us... and riding in your car down to that Target place and wait behind the bushes until the place opens and closes....tomorrow...
drunk.gif
(sigh...we wish we coulda been there girl...
look.gif
)...get a picture or something!!! Bonjour. I think we should have a street shot section like some of the sights...no maybe that wouldn't work either...unless you got written permission...

Back