Quickweave or Sew-in?

MamitaLolita

I'm taking my braids out in a couple of weeks (freedom!!!) but I want to keep on rolling with protective styling and next I want to do a weave.

I've done sew-ins in the past and they take too darn long and I'm not that good at them. I really do not trust anyone in a salon to do it (they braid too freaking tight) so I'd rather do it myself.

I've also done quickweaves before but on misstep with that hair glue and I'm not going to have a good time... I've watched youtube videos and seen a lot of ladies who do quickweaves actually have nice thick hair underneath. Plus its easier and quicker but I doubt it would last nearly as long as a sew in.

Anyone with experience with both of these? What do you advise?

I have a quick weave right now. I was gonna sew it in but its the first time using this brand of hair. QW vs sew in depends on how long u want it to last. There are methods of qw with little to no damage from glue and can last a few weeks but one major con is not being able to wash ur hair.

If you don't want an invisible part, use a closed weaving net: shower cap, weaving net, hair. And when you are finished completing the style take the whole thing off your head, peel the shower cap from the weaving net, and put the weaving net on your hair.

This is for the quick weave.

Last edited:
If you do want an invisible part, I suggest that Morning Glory stuff so the glue won't stick to your hair.

I agree with using morning glory. This will keep glue from getting on your hair. I even mold my hair down with morning glory under my wig to protect my edges.

Back