Quick relaxer review from a 4Z, Africa's Best super-thumbs up up up!

BoaterGirlKim

Africa's Best - this $3.99 relaxer got my brillo texture hair straight, even my "kitchen" at toward the back of my crown that I just gave up on and accepted as resistant. My hair was left soft and shiny. Even as I was rinsing out at the sink before shampooing conditioning, when I lifted my head up briefly my teen daughter said, "You're hair looks good!"

I'm coming off a severe set-back from using old Optimum Care relaxer, old formula, that I had sitting around too long. I had tried ORS super and my hair laughed at it - it was like tex-laxing and my hair reverted to wavy naps after my 2nd try with it. It's hard finding reviews on Africa's Best relaxer. I found some CVS reviews on it that said it would get even the kinkiest hair straight. I prayed and decided to go for it. So glad I did. I was ready to spend $$$ on Mizani, Affirm - price isn't the biggest consideration for me, I just want a healthy head of relaxed hair again. I didn't like the mixed reviews on either of them, but everything I read about Africa's Best was good. It's so nice to have every strand the same texture again! Big thumbs up!

I am glad to hear Africa's Best works for you. This relaxer has been my staple relaxer for almost 2 years now. I've tried others, but this is the one that consistently gives me good results.

I'll post some at some point. I'm not one for posting hair pics because in 3 years of HHJ starting at ear length, I've suffered 2 major setbacks that have left me at ground zero (neck length in the back where most of my hair would catch in a wet bun, but severe breakage everywhere else from relaxer and perhaps color damage). I just don't feel like my hair is worth shouting about being so uneven, even though it's not as bad as it was/could have been. Sorry.

Back