Quick question...

Miss AJ

I've got some Mega Tek I need to use up (applying it on my scalp did nothing for me so I just dumped the rest of the mix I made back into the bottle and am not about to throw away $50!), so I think i want to use it as a regular protein conditioner. My question is if I keep this up once a week, will my normal regimen of alternating moisture and protein DC every week be over kill? I've only used the Mega Tek this way one time so far and instead of using my Aussie Hair Insurance/Aphogee Pro-Vitamin leave-in mix I used the Aussie straight up and followed up with my usual moisturizer (BB Castor Oil and Aloe lotion) and on the other non-DC days I'm using L'Oreal Everpure shampoo (thinking of switching to Jason Natural Aloe Vera shampoo) and moisturizing quick cons (HE Totally Twisted, GF Triple Nutrition, Suave Humectant). Idk if this will matter or not but my protein DCs are collagen concentrated as opposed to keratin concentrated like MT and my moisture ones are cholesterols. I have been shampooing daily this week, but at night I do a warm scalp oil massage with EVCO for 10 minutes and then continue oiling my hair with it and I leave it in overnight underneath a shower cap and my satin bonnet. I like co-washing but it just doesn't clean my scalp no matter how much I scritch it by hand or with a comb and I hate having build up. And the reason for incorporating so much protein is because my natural 4a/3c kinks are highly susceptible to splits, breakage and styling damage.

Back