Quick Question on protien

Dionne

What are some heavy duty protein conditioners I can use. I plan to start relaxing every 6 weeks until my hair gets long enough to hide some newgrowth. Right now I have to burn it into submission. I just got a relaxer thanksgiving so I will get another one some time in mid-Jan. I want to do a major protien conditioning session four days after my realxers from now on to keep it strong. I know about the aphogee one but I heard it stinks. Are the results worth the smell? What other ones are out there?

Sebastian makes one called Penetraitt and Nexxus makes one called Emergencee. Both smell ok. Don't burn your hair though girl! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Make nice with your hair! Please! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you use any "hard core" protein conditioners remember to rinse it out of your hair for five (5) minutes!! If you don't some of the protein might remain in your hair and dry it out/break it off.

It's very important that you rinse it well for five minutes.

Hi Dionne,

I consider the Aphogee a strong protein treatment and only use it if I'm experiencing a lot of breakage. Nexxus makes another protein conditioner called Keraphix which I like a lot, also the Affirm 5 in 1 reconstructor is another one I like a lot. Both of them smell good. Like Tracy said, make nice with your hair please!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Also, to repeat what BlkMane said, be sure you rinse out your hair for at least 5 minutes after using any protein conditioner because any traces left in your hair can cause damage. Be sure to rinse it out well. Hope that helps. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back