Quick question:Is it bad to wash/rollerset AGAIN the day after a relaxer?

danysedai

Hi Ladies: I had my touch up yesterday and went dancing yesterday and because of all the sweat :drunk: while dancing at the club my hair looks a hot mess today.
Would it be ok to wash,deep condition and rollerset today or would you wait a bit more?

My background reasons also are that I got my Pibbs in the mail on Friday and I've been dying to try it lol:lachen: .. and Monday it's Thanksgiving here in Canada.

some enabling,please? or seriously, should I wait?

First, congrats. I hope you'll love yours as much as I love mine.

I have come home from a touchup and re dc'ed and rollerset because the stylist used a spritz-like product on my hair. yuck! I used vo5 kiwi/lime clarifying con on dry hair and let it sit for a little bit then went on with my dc.Everything was normal. I would wait a week to use shampoo, or use a little of diluted moisturizing poo at roots only if you feel you have to shampoo.

I think you would be alright as long as you are gentle and if you had a reconstructor at touchup to keep that in mind when choosing your dc. HTH some.

i have washed the day after a relaxer
only because the stylist didnt wash the relaxer out properly and it was 'tingling' my scalp all night

Thanks ladies for the responses, off to shower and wash hair
My stylist used a new italian conditioner on me yesterday,knowing that I'm a fan of Alfaparf and Alter Ego, and I didn't much care for the conditioner. I asked her to blow dry the roots only as I prefer a curlier,not-so-straight look, but she ended up blow drying roots to tips,giving me that professor Snape look that I hate on me (I have a very round face)
I'll do a moisturizing condish with no shampoo and off to use my Pibbs (visor arrived cracked :( but Dh kinda fixed it with super glue)

When I relaxed I usually washed my hair a day or two after because I didn't feel like the stylists really took their time to make sure my hair was completely neutralized. Plus relaxing can be a bit drying so an extra DC (moisture or protein) should be good.

Hi Ladies: I had my touch up yesterday and went dancing yesterday and because of all the sweat :drunk: while dancing at the club my hair looks a hot mess today.
Would it be ok to wash,deep condition and rollerset today or would you wait a bit more?

My background reasons also are that I got my Pibbs in the mail on Friday and I've been dying to try it lol:lachen: .. and Monday it's Thanksgiving here in Canada.

some enabling,please? or seriously, should I wait?

I did this on a regular basis when I was still going to the salon for relaxers. I never felt she rinsed all the relaxer out so i re-did my wash and set the next day to be on the safe side.

I've always washed (I used to use neutralizing poo, but now I know better and use a conditioner) a day or two after a relaxer. My hair seems to get super oily & flat after a relaxer so thats why I end up washing before 'suggested/required 4 to 7 days'. I've never had any issue w/ my hair reverting or anything.

Back