quick question about chlorine and hair

L.Brown1114

im at a hotel and i want to go swimming but im afraid of what it might do to my hair because i didnt bring a clarifyer and the last thing my hair needs it a chemical to dry it out :nono: i dont have a swimming cap either but im in braids so im trying to lie to myself that its okay :rolleyes:
would regular shampoo and condish work or no? im taking my braids down the second i come home on tuesday and i wanted to wash my hair then, is it okay to wash it so soon after??

I apply conditioner to my hair before getting into pool. After exiting pool, I rinse my hair for several minutes to remove pool water before co-washing. Please note that I have natural hair, no color, no extensions. HTH

I apply conditioner to my hair before getting into pool. After exiting pool, I rinse my hair for several minutes to remove pool water before co-washing. Please note that I have natural hair, no color, no extensions. HTH

i have color :perplexed
thanks ill try it anyway cuz i really want t swim!

Yes, wet it then put conditioner on it then hit the pool then wash with a regular shampoo that is in the hotel or the conditioner that they have and rinse really really really well. Even when you think you have it all out rinse again.

Are you near a place that has a drugstore? If you are going to be there a while and want to get in the pool again I would suggest finding a good shampoo and conditioner. Preferably a shampoo that swimmers use.

I went swimming on vacay in the Carib recently. The water pressure in the hotel was too low for full out shampoo and conditioner so I just rinsed out the pool water the best that I could and had no problems with my hair at all. This worked for me and my family - we have natural hair. There may be a difference if your hair is relaxed.

Yes, wet it then put conditioner on it then hit the pool then wash with a regular shampoo that is in the hotel or the conditioner that they have and rinse really really really well. Even when you think you have it all out rinse again.

Are you near a place that has a drugstore? If you are going to be there a while and want to get in the pool again I would suggest finding a good shampoo and conditioner. Preferably a shampoo that swimmers use.
thanks no ill probably only swim once or twice and we are leaving soon and im broke :perplexed

I went swimming on vacay in the Carib recently. The water pressure in the hotel was too low for full out shampoo and conditioner so I just rinsed out the pool water the best that I could and had no problems with my hair at all. This worked for me and my family - we have natural hair. There may be a difference if your hair is relaxed.
yes thank you i am natural but im a colored natural

Back