Quick Protein Boost Homemade Conditioner

Aspire

This may have been posted before, but I thought I would share because it was such a success for me.

Normally, I don't use eggs on my hair because of the slime and the mess, but I was looking online for a way to make my own deep protein condish (like an Aphogee 2 step) and found the following:
2 raw eggs
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil

Mix well. Leave on hair for 10 minutes, rinse.

When I did this, I used an immersion blender to mix it really well. It was not slimy at all and poured smoothly onto my hair. I then put on a plastic cap and let it sit for about 20 mins. My hair loved it.

I have decided to do this twice a week because I am experiencing some breakage. It left my hair soft and smooth. I think I will forgo the oil next time though or maybe replace the olive oil with castor because it is my favorite. Had I known what a success it would be, I would have saved the site and gave the link. Now I can't find it and don't have time to seriously look.

Suggestion, use room temp eggs. I could not believe how COLD this was.

This a NOT a heavy protein condish like Aphogee and it did NOT get hard but it does get kind of sticky. I would NEVER use this under the dryer because I would probably have scrambled egg hair.

Just thought I would share. If you have done it, please share your experience too.

Back