Quick Pressing Question

vtoodler

For those of you who wear natural hair, do you press your hair with an electric pressing comb, or do you use a stovetop comb?

Which do you think is better?

I am transistioning, 10 months post-relaxer and my stylist uses a stop-top comb on my natural hair and a flat ion on the relaxed ends.

I use a flatiron but if I had to choose between a stove pressing comb and an electric comb, I'd go for the electric. I'd feel safer using it because I can keep the temperature constant. It takes ONE wrong move (like a temperature too high) to singe your hair and lose it. Better safe than sorry.

But so you don't waste your time with one that won't give you good results, I'd ask folks who use electric pressing combs to recommend one that has a good enough temperature.

I get my hair pressed by a stylist and she uses a stovetop comb. She has straightened my hair twice and results have been fantastic-- but I would not dare trust myself using the stovetop comb at all.

If I ever decide to press my hair on my own, I will invest in the electric comb since I could control the heat settings to prevent the possibility of burning my hair.

Back