Quick! Please help this is my NYE's hair do.

freshlikemoi

Alright ladies, I want to slick my hair back in a fly bun tonight. But my question is how do I slick back my hair without it looking like a protein gelled up mess? :nono:Yall know what I'm talking bout, the nasty I just sat under the dryer for an hour with this gel and the white tissue paper? Well I don't want that look, I'm looking for like a pomade/gel almost like a paste that's dry and can leave me a sleek sophistacted look with a shine. Something along these lines... Here's a pic of Bey and you can click the link to see J.Lo
618.x600.mr.beyonce.prev.jpg

57004610.jpg

Motions has a pomade that works well. It only takes a little to lay the hair down. Just take a little and rub it in your hands before applying.

Thanx ladies for your responses, I use mango butter and love it for everyday buns and styles, but for tonight, i want my hair to be hard without appearing to be hard.....

Bumpidy Bump..

Garnier Fructis Water Based Shine Wax will also work. I love that stuff and don't use anything else for that purpose.

Yes! Wax, that's the word/description that I was looking for...I will definitely look into that...Thanx ladies....off to relax my hair so I can style it for tonight...

Alright ladies, I want to slick my hair back in a fly bun tonight. But my question is how do I slick back my hair without it looking like a protein gelled up mess? :nono:Yall know what I'm talking bout, the nasty I just sat under the dryer for an hour with this gel and the white tissue paper? Well I don't want that look, I'm looking for like a pomade/gel almost like a paste that's dry and can leave me a sleek sophistacted look with a shine. Something along these lines... Here's a pic of Bey and you can click the link to see J.Lo
618.x600.mr.beyonce.prev.jpg

57004610.jpg

maybe you can do a wet set bun...

apply mouse or foam to your hair (a little elasta qp glaze to the edges & nape and a tad bit of oil throughout)

put magnetic rollers in the tail and get under the dryer.

last, tie a silk scarf around the egdes until you are ready to leave.

have fun.

Hey,

That style looks great!
I achieved this look twice. I'm natural and had gone to a Dominican salon where they washed, roller set and blew out my hair (like mad). Then they put my hair in a neat, tight ponytail. They brushed the front down ( I had a part on the side) put hairspray on the top and then took a small toothed comb to lay it all down nicely and that was it. I think something like a 'molding mud' from Sebastian ( I used this when I was a teen for some show I did and I still can't forget that style it was a tight bun as well).
Then they styled the bun in the back and put more hairspray. If you tie it down make sure to make the knot only in the back underneath the bun to avoid any indentation on your hair. You want it smooooooooth.....

That head was hard as hell but looked soooo nice. I rocked that stuffy bun for about a week or more. The price was about $35 bones.
Good luck!

maybe you can do a wet set bun...

apply mouse or foam to your hair (a little elasta qp glaze to the edges & nape and a tad bit of oil throughout)

put magnetic rollers in the tail and get under the dryer.

last, tie a silk scarf around the egdes until you are ready to leave.

have fun.

I agree with this method, only I would add coconut oil on top of everything for some shine. Sitting uner the dryer for 30 minutes may be helpful also to get a little extra smoothness.

I agree with this method, only I would add coconut oil on top of everything for some shine. Sitting uner the dryer for 30 minutes may be helpful also to get a little extra smoothness.

Wouldn't this method give waves? It sounds like she wants it straight like in the pic.

Hey,

That style looks great!
I achieved this look twice. I'm natural and had gone to a Dominican salon where they washed, roller set and blew out my hair (like mad). Then they put my hair in a neat, tight ponytail. They brushed the front down ( I had a part on the side) put hairspray on the top and then took a small toothed comb to lay it all down nicely and that was it. I think something like a 'molding mud' from Sebastian ( I used this when I was a teen for some show I did and I still can't forget that style it was a tight bun as well).
Then they styled the bun in the back and put more hairspray. If you tie it down make sure to make the knot only in the back underneath the bun to avoid any indentation on your hair. You want it smooooooooth.....

That head was hard as hell but looked soooo nice. I rocked that stuffy bun for about a week or more. The price was about $35 bones.
Good luck!

This is exactly what I plan to do. Relax, deep condition, rollerset, blowout, and then put it in a tight ponytail. I just went to the BSS and found some Molding pomade from Motions...Thanx everyone, and Happy New Year.

Back