Quick MTG Question!

Zakina

Hi,

I'm wondering....
I put MTG on for the first time yesterday night after having a shower. My question is am I supposed to wash it off in the morning? Am I supposed to wash it off at all? Be patient with me this is my first time..:look:

Would appreciate quick reply! :D

Do not wash it!!!! At least not yet. I have been using it for a month now every night before I go to bed and I got 1 inch of growth but the smell is KILLING me now! So now I put it on every other night. But you know the old saying...no pain no gain right? Are you handling the smell?

Well it's too soon to tell if I've obtained any growth ,ofcourse. But it doesn't smell half as bad as I thought it would:confused: ! I've definately smelt worse :grin:.
I mixed it with melted shea butter, because mtg on it's own is very drippy.
But a problem is that when I washed my face this morning I felt the mtg smell and I'm afraid it went over my face. I don't want to burn my face off ...Do you guys put MTG on your hairline? Cos the skin there is sensitive.
Congrats on the growth Naturallady :)!
wantlonghealthyhair have you seen any noticable growth?
:D

Last edited:
Safina87 said:
Naturallady..have you tried applying it to damp hair? It kills the smell I've heard.

I havent tried it on damp hair yet. I am kinda leary about wetting my hair everyday after I style it (mainly I wear twists) because the water makes my hair shrink and I'm trying to cheat shrinkage. ;) I guess the drawback is I can't cheat shrinkage and the MTG funk too!

I agree with the ladies here, don't wash off yet!!

I've been a MTGer since Feb or March of last year and noticed a big difference in the progress when I didn't wash my hair as frequently.

I just received my new bottle yesterday, I applied it this morning. I've not had a problem using it no my hairline, it doesn't drip at all but the applicator bottle I utilize has a VERY small hole so it doesn't run all over the place.

Best of Luck in getting more growth!!

HHG!

naturallady said:
Do not wash it!!!! At least not yet. I have been using it for a month now every night before I go to bed and I got 1 inch of growth but the smell is KILLING me now! So now I put it on every other night. But you know the old saying...no pain no gain right? Are you handling the smell?

NautralLady, how often do you wash your hair? I used to COW daily or alternating day, I'm thinking of scaling back to only once a week on the pooing. I'm not sure if I can stand it that long though. :(

Safina87 said:
wantlonghealthyhair have you seen any noticable growth?
:D

Hey Safina87, Yes I have had growth from surging and MTG'ing.
The very back of my hair (nape) was really bad, thin, almost bald and damaged maybe because i've abused my hair for 6-7 years since I was 15!
Since surging for 5/6weeks and MTGing I have grown between 1-1.5 inch in my nape area. I am very pleased. :grin: :lachen: :clap: :yay: :bud:
Lol,I'm only a newbie been reading the site a couple of months but a :newbie: really.
But will be here for a LONG...time, I'm hooked on LHCF Because I never thought that I could grow healthy hair again and the length would be a big bonus.
Happy Hair Growing girl;)

VWVixxen said:
NautralLady, how often do you wash your hair? I used to COW daily or alternating day, I'm thinking of scaling back to only once a week on the pooing. I'm not sure if I can stand it that long though. :(

Once a week.

Okay I see now that I shouldn't wash it off! thanx guys...:)

But I have one last question...

How do you apply it onto the scalp?...considering I have pretty thick hair I'm having a hard time finding my scalp :confused: underneath all that frizz.

Hey girlies!! I concur. Do not wash out. You can co wash and reapply if you like. Put on at night after co-washing, the smell won't be that bad, if at all the next morning. MTG has been my friend (see fotki) I plan on staying loyal until my Bday in Feb...flat iron it then, then back onto the MTG!!!!
HHG!

Safina87 said:
Okay I see now that I shouldn't wash it off! thanx guys...:)

But I have one last question...

How do you apply it onto the scalp?...considering I have pretty thick hair I'm having a hard time finding my scalp :confused: underneath all that frizz.

Add it to a nozzle tipped bottle and go through your hair like you were parting it...then massage in

Okay thanx :D!
Brownsugar or anyone else who uses MTG...How often do you use it? And do you find that the more often you use it the better the results?
On the bottle it states that using too often can result in adverse reactions...does the same thing go for humans?

Safina87 said:
Okay thanx :D!
Brownsugar or anyone else who uses MTG...How often do you use it? And do you find that the more often you use it the better the results?
On the bottle it states that using too often can result in adverse reactions...does the same thing go for humans?
I used to MTG EVERY night, but switched up to every three nights. Have had great results, but not sure if it's due to frequency. I do have dry itchy flaky tight skin on my neck that peels and washes off after 3 weeks, and dandruff that I've never had before...but no pain...no gain!

Back