Quick Henna Question

LaidBak

Ladies,
I use HairVeda Vatika frosting and Global Goddess Hair oil in my hair on a daily basis. They both claim to contain henna as an ingredient. Over the last few months my hair has been getting darker. My SO says its much darker than before. I thought its because my hair is getting healthier and shinier, but maybe not.
Could these oils contain enough henna to actually noticeably darken my hair?
I've never used henna before, so please clue me in.

The darkening is probably a result of the Amla oil in the Global Goddess Hair Oil. Henna tends to turn the hair a reddish color, but I doubt that the Vatika frosting has enough henna in it to turn your hair color. Its probably just infused with henna powder and then strained which means actual henna would not be touching your hair. Amla oil on the other hand darkens the hair and is one of the main ingredients of Global Goddess Hair Oil. HTH!

The darkening is probably a result of the Amla oil in the Global Goddess Hair Oil. Henna tends to turn the hair a reddish color, but I doubt that the Vatika frosting has enough henna in it to turn your hair color. Its probably just infused with henna powder and then strained which means actual henna would not be touching your hair. Amla oil on the other hand darkens the hair and is one of the main ingredients of Global Goddess Hair Oil. HTH!

Thank you so much! I guess its not a bad thing. He just prefers my hair more brown as opposed to black.

Back