Quick/fast Regimen Or Routine

Daina

Hi Ladies, just curious if any of you have a shortened wash and treat day routine if you know your regular schedule is going to be interrupted or do you just forgo your routine until you can give it your all? This weekend I have multiple commitments that are going to make it nearly impossible to go with my regular routine (which includes pre-pooing, co-cleansing, dc with heat or steam and styling). Normally not a big deal I would shift to another day, but I have a 7:00 am flight first thing Monday morning and will be traveling for work the rest of the week.

By a shortened routine just curious what you cut out or do less of? I guess I could still condition without heat late on Sunday and not pre-poo...ugh I over committed myself but maybe having a shortened routine will be good to have in a pinch. What say you ladies - shortened routine (if so share what you would cut out) or wait and forego normal routine for a week?

Thanks!

My regimen is as short as I can make it. Shampoo, protein, detangle & stretch hair while applying leave in, styler. So if I don't have 1-2 hours to be able to do all of this I forego it.

If I want it really short I water rinse, apply leave in, styler and style.

If I need to use a cleanser I use a cowash cleanser, leave in, styler and style.

If you have been taking care of your hair skipping the extra steps for 1 week should not be a problem.

If I need to clean my hair but don't have any time I just cowash apply leave in and put in a low bun.

My hair is always braided in individual plaits. I usually wash, dc, stretch and rebraid weekly. If I'm really short on time I just wash and dc in the shower and apply leave ins.

Total time of normal regimen: 2 hours.
Shortened regimen: 20 minutes

Eta if I'm really not feeling it/short on time I reschedule wash day. I am very rough with my hair when I feel rushed and that's no bueno

I wash and use a rich conditioner, style (mostly dry under hooded dryer for 10 mins) and go. Can do this in 30 mins or less.

If I feel I can't forgo a wash day, and want to shorten my routine to the most basic, I'll just water rinse then (maybe oil rinse) gel, leaving out clay, and/or conditioning.

For a shortened wash day I slather on Suave Naturals, use that to detangle, massage my scalp and then rinse it out. Apply a creamy leave in and then seal with a little oil and add a bit of edge control. Takes 20 minutes at most.
If I don't have 20 minutes to spare, I apply a creamy leave in or styler after I get out of the shower and add oil to my ends then bun.

Thank you ladies! I think I'm going to co-cleanse, apply JMRB for 30 minutes rinse and apply leave-ins and braid Sunday night. My hair takes forever to dry but I'll sit under the dryer while for at 45 minutes to hopefully speed the process.

If I'm pressed for time with multiple commitments and cannot do a full DC session, I will condition on dry hair with EVCO and a highly effective DC. I will detangle thoroughly and sit under the dryer for 30 minutes with an additional 30 minutes of marination outside of the dryer while I attend to other things; I smooth the mixture over my strands a few times before rinsing. This method serves as my pre-poo, DC and cowash all in one. Afterwards, I apply a leave-in and sealant before styling and air drying.

Back