QUESTIONS..REGARDING HENNA AND NATURAL HAIR

mscocopuff

So, I have been natural for 16 months :yay:and I used to color my hair:sad:. I stopped coloring around July 2010. Well, I have read a little on Henna, and I really want to try it!

But I am worried about any potential damage it could cause to my hair, considering that I have previously colored hair. Please give me your opinions!! NEED SOME HELP!! :perplexed

As long as it's B.A.Q (beauty art quality) you should be fine but do a patch test to be sure or test on your colored shedded hair. There's a henna thread that can help you out more.

As long as it's B.A.Q (beauty art quality) you should be fine but do a patch test to be sure or test on your colored shedded hair. There's a henna thread that can help you out more.
Awesome!!! Thanks so much! This is really good info!

As long as you use BAQ Henna you'll be fine. Make sure you moisturize, moisturize and moisturize.

As long as you use BAQ Henna you'll be fine. Make sure you moisturize, moisturize and moisturize.

And after that moisturize!

Don't go overboard with adding acidic juices to it and you really don't need to even if you want color release. Good luck on your henna. I use to henna but it kept causing dryness so now I just add it to my conditioners. Once I find a proper DC I'll be right back to henna-ing though.

It's Body Art Quality.

And yes, there are gigantic henna threads and other threads asking this same question that you can get recipes from.

I'm natural and use henna and Katam for conditioning and to dye my hair a dark brown color.

It's Body Art Quality.

And yes, there are gigantic henna threads and other threads asking this same question that you can get recipes from.

I'm natural and use henna and Katam for conditioning and to dye my hair a dark brown color.

Thanks for clearing that up. I knew it was something art quality. Does Katam last longer then Indigo?

Thanks for clearing that up. I knew it was something art quality. Does Katam last longer then Indigo?

I use Katam to keep my hair dark brown. I use indigo on DH's hair.

I use Katam about every 2 - 3 weeks to keep the greys at bay. So, I don't know how long it lasts before it starts to fade.

My DH is so sporadic in letting me use the indigo on him. But it looks like it takes about 2 months before it totally fades out.

Oh, one other thing. I add the Katam to my henna mix. And I steam in the mix for 1 hour. Turns out perfectly every time.

I do the two-step henna-indigo process on DH's hair using steam also.

HTH

Back