Questions for experienced rollersetters

HWAY

I rollerset my hair last night. I made a very diluted mixture of Nexxus Headdress, Lottabody and Aussie leave in conditioner to use as my leave in. I forgot to apply a serum. I used red magnetic rollers and sat under medium heat for 1 hour. I slept in those had rollers all night. My hair was 95% straight(3 weeks post relaxer). The roots were not straight in some sections.

1. Was this due to my needing more practice?
2. Did I need to stay under the dryer longer?
3. What exactly is the purpose of the serum?
4.Would my hair have been flatter/straighter if I'd used the serum?
5. Was it the size of the rollers? My stylist uses purple in the salon.

HWAY said:
I rollerset my hair last night. I made a very diluted mixture of Nexxus Headdress, Lottabody and Aussie leave in conditioner to use as my leave in. I forgot to apply a serum. I used red magnetic rollers and sat under medium heat for 1 hour. I slept in those had rollers all night. My hair was 95% straight(3 weeks post relaxer). The roots were not straight in some sections.

Maybe it was because you didnt pull the hair as tight on the roller on some parts. That could very well be it.

HWAY said:

For me, the serum smooths the hair, I stay under the dryer until my hair is dry, thats at least 2 hours otherwise it will frizz and the curl will not hold. It comes out much straighter under the dryer on meduim heat the whole time, if i airdryed the rest of the way, it would be a mess. The smaller the rollers, the tighter the curl, if you liked the curls you achieved with the red, then keep it if not, go back to purple. It gets much better with practice.

Back