Question

jennifer30

I'm 14.5 months natural and my hair is growing but I'm stuck at an awkward ear/ neck length phase. Does that seem about right? Or should my hair be longer then that by now? How long did it take you to reach shoulder length? Or at least get past neck length? I'm just curious

I think my hair was about neck length (stretched) one year after my last relaxer. I big chopped at the one year mark. I couldn't say what is "normal" though...

I think my hair was about neck length (stretched) one year after my last relaxer. I big chopped at the one year mark. I couldn't say what is "normal" though...
My hair doesn't shrink that much only when it's really dry or really wet. Anyway it's neck length when stretched. :) I big chopped last year in may

My hair doesn't shrink that much only when it's really dry or really wet. Anyway it's neck length when stretched. :) I big chopped last year in may
Do you know what your growth rate is? Rounding up to 15 month with the average growth rate of 0.5" will only gave you 7.5" root-to-tip.

Have you experienced any breakage?

Do you know what your growth rate is? Rounding up to 15 month with the average growth rate of 0.5" will only gave you 7.5" root-to-tip.

Have you experienced any breakage?
I get like 4 inches a year...i think... I am having some breakage but I can't tell if it's shedding or breakage..all together some of the hairs have a white bulb at the end and some of them dont..

Your hair is on target. You should be SL by the end of the year, or very beginning of next year. Just stay on top of your cleansing, conditioning, and Moisturizing game.
Lol I don't know about that. My hair grows really slowly....i grow 4 inches a year..i don't retain all of that..

Lol I don't know about that. My hair grows really slowly....i grow 4 inches a year..i don't retain all of that..

Out of curiosity, how do you know that your hair grows 4" per year if you're not retaining it all?

ETA: I BC'd my hair down to 1/4". I figure that I grow about 4" per year. If you check my siggy then you can see how long it took me to reach each milestone.

Out of curiosity, how do you know that your hair grows 4" per year if you're not retaining it all?

ETA: I BC'd my hair down to 1/4". I figure that I grow about 4" per year. If you check my siggy then you can see how long it took me to reach each milestone.
I measured my hair at 11 months since i big chopped and it was 4 inches but my hair breaks easily sometimes so I lose some inches etc....i like your hair btw it's pretty

Back