Question

That's wonderful:yahoo::yay: for those of you who will be starting back up with protein powder and besides I don't think it can hurt. I am not taking any right now and wish I could . I recently applied for a job and had lab work done. I had protein in my urine so I have to be retested . Not sure where to go from there besides drink only clear water (room temperature/never ice cold) and no protein shakes for a while. I on
If you don't mind my asking, where advised to stop taking protein and/or drink more water? Or did you change this on your own?

If you don't mind my asking, where advised to stop taking protein and/or drink more water? Or did you change this on your own?
This was something I chose to do on my on. Since lab work showed this. I took/take protein shakes everyday.I consumed protein powder ("the good stuff") in shakes 2x a day and in my daily eating everyday of only some type of seafood and very limited poultry. I formed the opinion that this could possibly be part of the issue of having a noticeable amount of protein in my urine. Therefore I chose to increase my water intake as well and not do the protein shakes until all testing is complete for a possible job. This is just my assumption.
If I retest and if this is still an issue then I know that there could possibly be something else going on. Which I pray is not the case.

This was something I chose to do on my on. Since lab work showed this. I took/take protein shakes everyday.I consumed protein powder ("the good stuff") in shakes 2x a day and in my daily eating everyday of only some type of seafood and very limited poultry. I formed the opinion that this could possibly be part of the issue of having a noticeable amount of protein in my urine. Therefore I chose to increase my water intake as well and not do the protein shakes until all testing is complete for a possible job. This is just my assumption.
If I retest and if this is still an issue then I know that there could possibly be something else going on. Which I pray is not the case.
Thx. I inquired because I had the same issue before. My doctor told me to drink more water but didn't say to cut out protein (I wasn't into protein shakes at the time, but she didn't say cut down your meat in-take). Had I been taking the supplement, I probably would have stopped taking it, too.

Thx. I inquired because I had the same issue before. My doctor told me to drink more water but didn't say to cut out protein (I wasn't into protein shakes at the time, but she didn't say cut down your meat in-take). Had I been taking the supplement, I probably would have stopped taking it, too.
Oh okay. So may I ask, are you saying you had a issue with protein in urine? If so then I can "piggy back" off of the response you received from your doctor about increasing water intake and I know that I am going in the right directions. Thanks for that confirmation.
Yes that was just something I did and currently doing because I know that I was taking protein shakes and eating a lot of seafood like shrimp,salmon,tuna, oysters, and scallops in that order. Which we know that seafood has a lot of protein also. I'm still eating seafood though. Working my way to become more pesectarian/vegetarian type meals. Again though I'm a true believer that protein shakes will grow hair. Just my experience & opinion.

Mentioning: I used Scooby's Workshop protein calculator to determine how much protein I needed within my body. He has really good fitness & a plethora of information on his website. Check it out as I have posted the link here if interested.
http://scoobysworkshop.com/protein-calculator/

Last edited:
Oh okay. So may I ask, are you saying you had a issue with protein in urine? If so then I can "piggy back" off of the response you received from your doctor about increasing water intake and I know that I am going in the right directions. Thanks for that confirmation.
Yes that was just something I did and currently doing because I know that I was taking protein shakes and eating a lot of seafood like shrimp,salmon,tuna, oysters, and scallops in that order. Which we know that seafood has a lot of protein also. I'm still eating seafood though. Working my way to become more pesectarian/vegetarian type meals. Again though I'm a true believer that protein shakes will grow hair. Just my experience & opinion.
Yes, I had this problem one time years ago.

Back