Question

Perfect. Thank you for the quick response. I shall be getting this before the month ends. I pondering my next hair move and would like to keep it simple by just weaving and wigs and not relaxing till next year April. I really wonder how much growth I can get in 6 months and I'm already 3 months post.

For the ladies who are not really concerned about having unsweetened protein, my favorite TASTING protein is Spirutein Whey. They have all kinds of flavors from egg nog to chocolate (favorite). Made in a blender, this one tastes like a milkshake.

Yes.:grin: I did. I was taking Protizyme, Dymatize Elite Protein to name a few. If you would like add a little PB2 powder in there and it taste:lick: wonderful. PB2 can be found in Walmart these days. However my reason was to gain muscle:strong: and overall fitness. I've since did the BC in July and on my journey (long ways to go) for WL or TBL hair. I'm a witness to protein shakes growing hair longer.
search
metabolic-nutrition-protizyme-banana-creme-2lb

Last edited:
Thanks!

Did u grow your own hair w protein shakes? If so how long did it take? How much length did u notice?
Well it wasn't my intention to grow hair with protein shakes, but I did notice that I was gaining a lot of length while consuming it. I was concentrating on fitness at that time. I've since cut it all off and starting over with natural hair and possible may move to a relaxer once I get the length I want or I may just stay natural.Not sure right now since I have a long ways to go at least 4 years to get my hair really long, that providing that I stay with a strict regimen of washing & conditioning. I was consuming protein powder 2x a day 8 oz with almond milk ,cashew milk or sometimes with water. Then I would stick to drinking half of my body weight in water in ounces. I cut out pork and only ate seafood a little bit of poultry. I got off track a little bit here lately and starting back up. I'm not an expert but if you have a question or something just PM'd me and I will be glad to try and help if I can.
I'm not sure if any studies/research have been done on consuming protein (shakes) will grow hair.
Good luck!:bighug:

Last edited:
Because of this thread I've started back taking my protein powder. I use organic vegan rice vanilla flavored protein. I think that's the name, lol. I've also started back taking chlorella and my mood has already improved!

Yall inspiring me to pick up my old staple powder.

Its Vega. Obviously vegan protein powder since I'm intolerant of soy or dairy (whey). Never thought of it for hair growth

That's wonderful:yahoo::yay: for those of you who will be starting back up with protein powder and besides I don't think it can hurt. I am not taking any right now and wish I could . I recently applied for a job and had lab work done. I had protein in my urine so I have to be retested . Not sure where to go from there besides drink only clear water (room temperature/never ice cold) and no protein shakes for a while. I on

Last edited:
Back