Question..

DatJerseyDyme

...Whenever I wash my hair, there are always long strands of hair that seem to be stuck at the ends, and come out when I pull them..They never seem to stop. Does anyone know what this is..and how to stop it?

It sounds like it could be regular shedding. Sometimes some of my shedded strands don't fall out of my hair when I'm rinsing the shampoo out. They can sometimes catch onto the ends of other hair strands. However, they always slide right out when I reach for them.

That's what I was thinking..and I was wondering if they were having a hard time getting out of my hair because I'm always wearing the same style...but I have to admit, I didn't have this problem when I was blow drying..do you know of a way to make it stop?

Mine do that when my hair is overly tangled. Do you use a good detangling conditioner to rmove tangles? Maybe that will help your shedding hair slide right out.

i have the same problem when i wash and i agree with allandra that its shedding. do u manipulate much during the day. i don't so when i wash it, the strands shed then.

I wear my hair in the same style 99 percent of the time. It hasn't bothered my hair in any way. If it's regular shedding, it'll stop in time. I make sure my hair is free of tangles prior to stepping in the shower to shampoo my hair. I also don't pile my hair on top of my head during shampoo time. I make sure my hair stays hanging down, and I concentrate on getting my scalp nice and clean (not disturbing my hair much at all). These things always help me out. Oh yeah, make sure you use a conditioner that has great detangling properties (for your hair).

I do the last stages of my wash...washing out the deep conditioner and putting in the mosturizing conditioner in the shower..but I can't hot oil and shampoo in the shower because that would mean getting into the shower three times.I detangle in the shower..

I don't manipulate my hair AT ALL..I barely comb it..that is probably the problem...I'll probably start combing it more just to get those strands out...

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES EVERYONE...IT HELPS TO KNOW THAT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!

Back