question: Styling your hair--after a relaxer....

Cien

Pink is my signature color
Hello all! (my first thread. yippee! :lol: )

How do you style your hair after a relaxer?! I'm relaxing my hair tonight, and I have no idea how to style it afterwards!!

I used to wrap it, but I'm SO tired of wrappin my hair after a wash. Plus---I'm not a very good 'wrapper'. :ohwell:
My main daily style has been a bun. I just want to do something 'new' after relaxing this time.

Is it okay to do a braidout/twist out right after a relaxer? Will it look okay?!!

any and all comments are encouraged and welcomed!! Also--if there is already a thread with this subject, then please give me the link so I can check it out!!

thanks in advance!!!!

I NEVER have time for roller sets so I just flat iron my hair and slightly curl the ends in different directions. Then I just wear it out like that. I have a part on the right and sometimes I do it down the middle.

HoneyDew said:
I NEVER have time for roller sets so I just flat iron my hair and slightly curl the ends in different directions. Then I just wear it out like that. I have a part on the right and sometimes I do it down the middle.

that sounds doable! thanks!

CreoleInDC said:
That depends....are you gonna use heat?

good question Creole!!!

I never gave that much thought, but I really wouldn't like to use heat, but if I have to, in order to get a new look, then I will!!

Do you know any other non-heat 'after relaxer styles' that I can try?!!

You can do a lot.
1. Slick into a ponytail and let air dry to be put into a bun.
2. Put 6-8 braids in your hair saturated with S-Curl and sealed with oil. When hair is dry, unplait and finger comb.
3. Bantu knots.
4. Double strand twists.
5. Flat twists.

And that's just to name a few. You have a lot of options...all you need to do is spend some time surfing this site and visiting people's Fotki.

I wear a bun daily--so I was trying to get out of that. But that's exactly what I ended up doing anyway...:ohwell:

But I'm loving my hair tho! I think I've gained a couple of inches!!

I'll try the bantu knots or flat twists over the weekend. Thanks for responding!! :)

If I have time, I go for my trusty rollerset. If I don't, I slick it back while it's damp, braid it and finger-roll the braid up and pin it under, put a scarf over the whole thing and go to bed. In the morning I take out the braid and have the cutest um... "naturally curly" *ahem* pony in the back!

Back