Question regarding texture and tones

EmeraldSky

<font color="purple"> Has anyone ever used the Clairol texture and tones to permanently cover highlights? I've been using Clairol's jazzing in a medium brown on my highlights which are a golden tan color, but the Clairol jazzing rinses out too easily, I can't take it. I called Clairol's 800 # and they said I should use the Nice N Easy in 108 which is a bright red and then a medium brown added at the end in order to return to my natural dark brown hair color.
This is the most daring I've been with my hair and really frustrating but I refuse to do anything else without some feedback.

Thanks </font>

A really good semi-permanent that doesn't wash out easily is Soft Sheen (formerly Posner) Rejuvatone. I've been using this brand for a couple of years and it always lasts through several washes. I also tried the Clarol Jazzing and it seemed like it washed out after the first wash. So, if you want to try another semi-perm before going the permanent route, this is a good one to try. Here's a link to what it looks like Rejuvatone

I recommend that you use a demi-permanent, such as Natural Instincts. It lasts a really long time.

I use Textures &amp; Tones, which is a permanent color, but it's more gentle on the hair (less drying) because it contains no ammonia. I'm not sure, but I'd say it probably has more peroxide than the Natural Instincts.

HTH
P.S. You might want to send a PM to Tracy!! I'm sure she could give you some good advice on what shade to use, as well as which kind of color product!!

Thanks a lot you guys for the responses!
I will investigate both those brands. The customer service rep I spoke to said that I would have to use a red shade first because I have to replace the red in my hair before adding dark brown otherwise my hair might turn different colors. It sounds so complicated I'm wondering if I should just have a professional do it.

Back