QUESTION? OVERPROCESSED, RELAXER OVER LAP?

LadyZ

If this happens, Can you just kiss your hair good bye? :burning: :help: :hair: :pullhair:
Also how does the hair act when this happens?
Can it be helped/repaired or anything?

TIA

It may be easier for others to help if you explained more about what exactly happened. I think many of us who go to salons experience a little overlap, but did the person applying your relaxer for some reason put it on the entire length of your hair? What is going on with your hair to suggest it is overprocessed?

I am wondering if I have either one, because of the behavior of my hair the past few months... I posted before because my hair snags at the ends and I have gotten a 2 inch trim... and after my roller set my hair breaks off and is impossible to comb strait through... Even though is is smooth and feels silky... I use nothing but moisture products... no protein for at least 3 months or longer... Can't figure out why it does this... Unless some where along the line either of these two things has happen....

IDK... I'm still puzzled month's later, why the moisture level has not returned to my hair... Or if it is a moisture problem... It might be something more sever

Pre LHCF, this happened "almost" every time. I, and most of their clients, came in for retouches and received a full perm. Until I started researching for myself, I believed their explanation "if you don't perm to the ends your ends will be frizzy". Well, I thought this was true because the few times that I didn't get perm through to the ends, my ends would be frizzy. Of course I soon found that my ends were frizzy because they were split, old and unloved.

Since, I've started the journey, you know the drill: moisture + seal.

I'm not starting over because I did, unknowingly, take fairly good care of my hair so it's not a total write-off even after the years of over-processing.

Someone shared a really great article by SSlick on thinning ends, and in that article I found her reference to adding oil/conditioner to the ends of your hair prior to perming that will act as a shield from the perm running past/through your ends during rinsing.

This is invaluable information

I hope I answered the question you were asking?

I am wondering if I have either one, because of the behavior of my hair the past few months... I posted before because my hair snags at the ends and I have gotten a 2 inch trim... and after my roller set my hair breaks off and is impossible to comb strait through... Even though is is smooth and feels silky... I use nothing but moisture products... no protein for at least 3 months or longer... Can't figure out why it does this... Unless some where along the line either of these two things has happen....

IDK... I'm still puzzled month's later, why the moisture level has not returned to my hair... Or if it is a moisture problem... It might be something more sever

Overlapping is scary. Many beauticians do it without even knowing it. That's why I stretch. The more growth there is, the less chances of overlap.

Here's away to tell if your hair is overprocessed: Let your hair air dry with no curlers. Not anything. Look at your ends after your hair dries. If your ends are brown or frizzy, then it's op. I would rewash it afterwards. Air dried hair is hard for me to work with.

I had the EXACT SAME experience with a recent rollerset.

Pre LHCF, this happened "almost" every time. I, and most of their clients, came in for retouches and received a full perm. Until I started researching for myself, I believed their explanation "if you don't perm to the ends your ends will be frizzy". Well, I thought this was true because the few times that I didn't get perm through to the ends, my ends would be frizzy. Of course I soon found that my ends were frizzy because they were split, old and unloved.

Since, I've started the journey, you know the drill: moisture + seal.

I'm not starting over because I did, unknowingly, take fairly good care of my hair so it's not a total write-off even after the years of over-processing.

Someone shared a really great article by SSlick on thinning ends, and in that article I found her reference to adding oil/conditioner to the ends of your hair prior to perming that will act as a shield from the perm running past/through your ends during rinsing.

This is invaluable information

I hope I answered the question you were asking?

==========

Yes, that helps, and I will make sure mine are protected from now on...
And I always seal after moisturizing...
So I guess I just need to wear protective styles moisturize/seal and get regular trimmings for a while...
I would like to curb the breakage I see too...

Back