QUestion on Shampoos?

LadyCee

Im been using the ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo as a weekly thing and now I'm reading other threads about it being a neutralizing(clarifying shampoo). Should I be using another type of shampoo like (ORS Uplifting Shampoo) or any other types like a cheapie(V05,Suave) as a weekly conditioner and the ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo once a month as a neutralizer for build up? Please inform me. Ne tips, advice, ideas???Thanks alot gals.

A neutralizing shampoo is one that you use to remove all traces of chemicals after you put relaxer in your hair and makes sure your hair returns to a natural PH. A Clarifying shampoo is used when you have product buildup on your hair and scalp. In both cases, they strip the hair of whatever's in it and shouldn't be used on a regular basis.

Your best bet is to get a moisturizing shampoo or one that states it's for dry or damaged hair. Also, try not to use a shampoo with Sodium Laureth Sulfate... I found out recently that it's a cheapie ingredient that is drying and is used in household detergents! Hope this helps :D

You dont neutralize buildup. You need to clarify buildup. I think the ORS uplift shampoo is a clarifier, but I cant really remember. I use Suave daily clarifying 1 time a week or so to clarify my hair. You can use the ORS creamy aloe for regular shampooing, but you need a clarifying shampoo to take out buildup every once in a while, depending on your hair.

I'm not sure what you were asking about for the conditioners.

myztiquecleo said:
Im been using the ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo as a weekly thing and now I'm reading other threads about it being a neutralizing(clarifying shampoo). Should I be using another type of shampoo like (ORS Uplifting Shampoo) or any other types like a cheapie(V05,Suave) as a weekly conditioner and the ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo once a month as a neutralizer for build up? Please inform me. Ne tips, advice, ideas???Thanks alot gals.

ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo is a neutralizing and chelating shampoo that will remove chemicals and mineral deposits (you may have this if you have hard water). It originally was used as the neutralizing shampoo in the ORS no-lye relaxer kit. The Uplifting shampoo is just a basic moisturizing shampoo. I personally think you can use either one as long as it works with your hair and your other products.

If you are having problems with buildup, you need a clarifying shampoo. I use Suave Daily Clarifying or Nexxus Aloe Rid, but I've also heard good things about Pantene and Kenra. I only clarify about once a month.

Back