Question from the Braiding Inept....

Mochalolita

Hey everyone...I had a braiding question for y'all. I have't used heat on my hair for over 2 months now, and my hair is much healthier for it. I want to keep avoiding heat as long as I can, so I've been doing wetsets and cornrows I love the way my hair looks after it's been cornrowed, all big and curly. But I can't cornrow my hair on my own (tried many a time...my fingers just don't work like that) and I can't have someone doing it for me every other night. So I was wondering, has anyone tried doing a braid out with individual braids, setting the ends on rollers, and letting it dry? That may be a good option for me, and I would love to hear other people's experiences with it. Thanks a bunch!

Hugs,
Crys

I have. What I do is I make 2 parts 3-4 inches apart on the top of my head running from my forehead and then back to my neck. I then separate that big section into 3 = sections(front, middle and rear). Each of these braid I make sure they start off on the front middle edge of it's section. I then braid the 2 remaining sections (l on each side of my head) These braid I start them off in the top corner of the section closest to my hairline. I do this so my waves will start at a point closes to my hair line and for better blending without straight sections showing as much. On my ends I use my girl's barrettes and wind my ends around it...thinking about using curlers instead. I justed started redoing it nightly. HTH!

I do my twist-outs indivuduallytoo, cuz I also can't cornrow!! I do 6-7 twists on each side and put sponge rollers wrapped in end papers on the ends (I put two twists together and roll them together so that I don't have that many rollers hanging all over.)

(I put two twists together and roll them together so that I don't have that many rollers hanging all over.)

What a great idea Lindy!

Back