Question for the Press and Curl Girls....

yvette

Ladies, I just took my braids out last night and had my beautician clip my ends and press and curl my hair. Since, I have bascially no perm in my head, what do you use to roll your with? Let me clarify, what do you use for a setting lotion? With no perm in my head, I didn't think that I could use my normal Perm Repair setting lotion since it has so much water in it. I don't wanna use the stuff and then wake up with a curly bushy fro....... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

When I do press, I don't use anything. I think it make my hair feel to hard. I just roll, and at night, sleep on the side of my face /images/graemlins/grin.gif so I can look good come Sunday morning /images/graemlins/blush.gif then I pin my hair up for the rest of the week. I did try some sassy cream set one time, but my hair felt crunchy.

I bump my ends with the flat iron or I use sponge rollers.

For the sponge rollers, I oil my ends and then roll. I adjust the tension and amount of hair on each roller according to how much curl I want. I tried wet setting once with Revlon setting lotion. No luck.

Lately, I've been reading about pin curling and it sounds like something I want to try. Here's a good link posted another board: pin curls

It's a geocities page. I hope the link works.
fragend003.gif

I am also natural and in beween roller sets when I want to refresh my curls or bump my ends when I flat iron I use lottabody cream wrap set or black and sassy creamy set with smooth magnetic rollers.
If I forget to do this at night and I need to bump my ends I use a curling iron and apply DAX hair grease to my ends to protect them from the heat. I try not to do this too often
Valleygirl

Valleygirl

Back