Question for the curly heads...

ttlayli

How do you style your hair (in it's curly state, of course) "half up, half down"? I would post some photos but I'm not going to post members pics without their permission. Examples of this hairstyle can be seen in Poca's siggy and GoingNatural's aviator pic.

Every time I attempt to do this style, I make my hair frizzer. I feel like I disrupt my curls too much, and I'm not sure whether I'm supp to part the hair or not, but I can never put a ponytail hair around the top portion of the style. I hope I'm making sense! :lachen:

I think I know what u mean. I don't part my hair with a comb or anything, I just grab some curls and pull them back, and pin it with some pins or a clip, hth.

I absolutely love this thingy http://goodycomfort.com/main.taf?p=1,2 They have a big sized one and smaller size ones that come two to a pack. I tried the flexi 8 but I didn't like them too much. I always got breakage because my hair would get caught in the beads and whatnot. But these are perfect! I am so in love with them and I plan on buying one everytime I'm out just in case they discontinue making them.

I absolutely love this thingy http://goodycomfort.com/main.taf?p=1,2 They have a big sized one and smaller size ones that come two to a pack. I tried the flexi 8 but I didn't like them too much. I always got breakage because my hair would get caught in the beads and whatnot. But these are perfect! I am so in love with them and I plan on buying one everytime I'm out just in case they discontinue making them.

Thank you!!!

I use a flexi -8 clip and just pull the top part up. My hair does get caught in the beads and stuff so I might try out those goody clips Libra08 posted.

I will need to find these!!!

I will need to find these!!!

I've seen them at Target, Walmart, Walgreens, and Kroger. Kroger is the only store that I've seen the twin pack of the smaller ones. Walmart is the cheapest for about $2 and some change, I believe the other stores are 3.99.

I've seen them at Target, Walmart, Walgreens, and Kroger. Kroger is the only store that I've seen the twin pack of the smaller ones. Walmart is the cheapest for about $2 and some change, I believe the other stores are 3.99.

I just found a big one at Target. They had one black one left....I'm not sure if there's a kroger by me, I will look because I definitely want to look into the smaller ones! My hair is getting a treatment right now, but I look forward to trying it out, it seems like a pretty cool hair tool!

I just found a big one at Target. They had one black one left....I'm not sure if there's a kroger by me, I will look because I definitely want to look into the smaller ones! My hair is getting a treatment right now, but I look forward to trying it out, it seems like a pretty cool hair tool!

Let me know how it works!

How do you style your hair (in it's curly state, of course) "half up, half down"? I would post some photos but I'm not going to post members pics without their permission. Examples of this hairstyle can be seen in Poca's siggy and GoingNatural's aviator pic.

Every time I attempt to do this style, I make my hair frizzer. I feel like I disrupt my curls too much, and I'm not sure whether I'm supp to part the hair or not, but I can never put a ponytail hair around the top portion of the style. I hope I'm making sense! :lachen:

i either use bobby pins or clamps (http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/s...&navAction=push&navCount=12&no_new_crumb=true). ponytail holders are always an epic fail for me

hth!

Last edited:
No parting but I gather in a ponytail holder or a clip. It sometimes looks sloppy in the front but here's the back of a recent one:
DSCN2066.jpg

And here is a really old one but I used one of those click clacks:
curlyhalfup.jpg

I used to have one of those updo barrettes - need to go buy another one. I had the big one but would love a smaller one.

Thanks for the responses ladies! Obviously my problem is that I was trying to use ponytail holders. I'm wearing my hair straight this week, but I will def stock up on clips when I wear my hair curly again!

Thanks for the responses ladies! Obviously my problem is that I was trying to use ponytail holders. I'm wearing my hair straight this week, but I will def stock up on clips when I wear my hair curly again!
I almost never use elastic ponytail holders anymore. Clips, pins, barrettes, hair zings and the like are my mainstays.

I have a ton of these. I love them.
Libra08 said:

Last edited:

I'm just now seeing this.....Hairzing's girl! They are so great for putting curly hair half up half down because you don't have to disrupt the curls AT ALL....just slide the combs in.....I can't be w/o them. If you don't want to get the hairzings you can get the cheaper knockoff version at Wal-mart or Walgreens (2 for $10) but IMO the hairzings are so much better because those other one pull and snag my hair.

Back