Question for Texlaxers/Relaxers Who Wear Weaves

alwayzalady22

i'm recently texlaxed and generally aim for 11-12 week stretches (i went 11 weeks my first time around). i'm currently weaved up, and plan on being on a strict weave regimen until May 2009. my current weave was put in when i was 4 weeks post, and i'll be 6 weeks post on friday.

my question is....texlaxed and relaxed ladies who wear weaves, what are the general rules of thumb regarding touchups and putting your weave back in? can you take a weave out and texlax/relax that same day, or is it best to take the weave out, get a good protein treatment and *then* get a touchup the following week? what's the protocol for putting a weave back in following a touchup?

i was thinking that i want to take my weave out when i'm 11 weeks post, wash/condition/protein treatment, then get a touch up the following week. a week later (that's 2 weeks after removing my weave and 1 week post) i wanted to put the weave back in. is that too much manipulation for my hair in 2 weeks?

what do you ladies do?

bumping!

gosh, i hope i won't have to start a thread in early june entitled 'my hair fell out...thanks lhcf!' :lachen:

seriously though....:look:

i'm recently texlaxed and generally aim for 11-12 week stretches (i went 11 weeks my first time around). i'm currently weaved up, and plan on being on a strict weave regimen until May 2009. my current weave was put in when i was 4 weeks post, and i'll be 6 weeks post on friday.

my question is....texlaxed and relaxed ladies who wear weaves, what are the general rules of thumb regarding touchups and putting your weave back in? can you take a weave out and texlax/relax that same day, or is it best to take the weave out, get a good protein treatment and *then* get a touchup the following week? what's the protocol for putting a weave back in following a touchup?

i was thinking that i want to take my weave out when i'm 11 weeks post, wash/condition/protein treatment, then get a touch up the following week. a week later (that's 2 weeks after removing my weave and 1 week post) i wanted to put the weave back in. is that too much manipulation for my hair in 2 weeks?

what do you ladies do?

I used to get touch ups and get my hair weaved up right after. Then I stopped because I noticed that it was no need to perm my whole head if it was going to get braided up so I only touched up the hair that was being left out. That helped me do my three month stretches. Now when I put in my weave in May I am going to keep it in for probably 6-8 weeks, wash, condish, protein treat then dc and wait a week. I think a week is good being that you did a protein treatment which helps bulid your hair strength up. HTH

Back