Question for Relaxed Ladies with Greys

SweetSpirit86

My mom recently relaxed her hair with Olive Oil DIY Relaxer. She's got greys and now they're...greenish:ohwell:....like blonde hair when you stay in the pool too long...:perplexed

What caused this? Is there a way to fix it?

For me, no lye relaxers just strip my hair of color.:ohwell:The only way I know how to fix it is to color over it with a rinse. Lye relaxers are weaker and doesn't change my color but lye relaxers give me the texlaxed look. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help. No lye makes my black hair turn brownish red.:rolleyes:

That's so interesting, let us know if you find out what caused it. I have a few greys myself, that have become more evident since I stopped Henna'ing. :look:

I have a grey birthmark and I relax. it's normal for it to change colors to be green and yellow in some cases. what I do is use a good shampoo to fully rinse out the relaxer. they also make a keep white/grey product whenever you are using relaxer so it doesn't change colors. now that I've relaxed for so long it longer changes to green.

A blonde friend on mine would put ketchup in her hair to reverse the green. It worked for her, I wonder if it would work for your mom. Sounds gross but worth a try right?

Jhirmack makes a purple shampoo and conditioner that I use to take the brassiness out of my blond-streaked hair. My grandma used it to "blue" her gray hair.

It's at walmart.

Back