Question for Protein Shakers

MrzLadyBuggz said:
It depends on how much sugar is in the protein powder (shake) that you buy. There are specific weight gainer protein shakes and mixes out there with added sugars for those that want to gain weight, like Muscle Milk. Just compare the sugar content before you buy. For the most part, protein with diet and exercise helps you build muscle which in turn burns fat equaling weight loss.

Hmmm...I want to add a protein shake to my diet, I do excercise a little ie walking and I go skating at the rink three times a week (and yes I actually skate and get my heart rate up:eek: :eek:). Now, I don't want to lose weight, if anything I could stand to gain a little. So what do I do?:confused:

Pixel Lady said:
Hmmm...I want to add a protein shake to my diet, I do excercise a little ie walking and I go skating at the rink three times a week (and yes I actually skate and get my heart rate up:eek: :eek:). Now, I don't want to lose weight, if anything I could stand to gain a little. So what do I do?:confused:

Protein shakes would be great for you, then. You could also include some light weight training or resistance bands/stability balls into your exercise regimen, to help tone and build muscle. Like others have already mentioned, though, you still need to be mindful of your calories when consuming shakes. Some can act as meal replacements.

Back