Question for owners of Denman Brushes...

AsTheCurlzTurns

After all the raves about the denman brushes on here, I purchased one(D3) a few weeks ago and I ABSOLUTELY love it!!

Well lately, I've noticed that when I'm detangling my oldest daughter's hair, the brush part be slipping out of the handle. It doesn't do this in my hair. So I'm wondering if there's another method I'm missing? I do it in small sections and it'll still do it. This is sort of annoying but I'm NOT giving up, there has to be a better way. Any ideas? TIA!

After all the raves about the denman brushes on here, I purchased one(D3) a few weeks ago and I ABSOLUTELY love it!!

Well lately, I've noticed that when I'm detangling my oldest daughter's hair, the brush part be slipping out of the handle. It doesn't do this in my hair. So I'm wondering if there's another method I'm missing? I do it in small sections and it'll still do it. This is sort of annoying but I'm NOT giving up, there has to be a better way. Any ideas? TIA!

Is her hair super thick? This is most likely the culprit. You could try a bigger on on her hair, or just push it back down in the brush every so often.

i'd just hold it by the back of the brush behind the bristles not the handle. maybe there is a lot of slippery product between the rubber and the handle, maybe swish it in soapy water to clean it?

that is my suggestion and my shot in the dark guess. LOL

Try to make sure her hair is properly detangled with a wide tooth comb before you use the denman, and brush it slowly from the ends to the roots.

Is her hair super thick? This is most likely the culprit. You could try a bigger on on her hair, or just push it back down in the brush every so often.
Yes her hair is like uber thick, hence why I do her hair in sections. I guess I just may have to invest in a bigger one just for her. Thanks!

i'd just hold it by the back of the brush behind the bristles not the handle. maybe there is a lot of slippery product between the rubber and the handle, maybe swish it in soapy water to clean it?

that is my suggestion and my shot in the dark guess. LOL
LOL Thanks, but I never thought to hold it behind the bristles that way. I may try that out and see. But as for the slippery product between the rubber and the handle, I thought so too, but unfortunately that's not even the case. It's quite dry.:perplexed

Try to make sure her hair is properly detangled with a wide tooth comb before you use the denman, and brush it slowly from the ends to the roots.
Her hair is so thick, I have no choice but to start with a comb first before using the denman. For me, I don't even have to use a comb, well not YET anyways, before using the denman. The method of detangling is the only way to go for her hair. I can't touch those roots at all and go down, have to start from the bottom and up wheww! Thanks!

Did you guy one of the bigger ones. I have a black but I bought another one (white and pink I think) to take down my braids (I was not home and I was not about to comb those knots out), the black one is much stronger than the other one. This store only had one size. When I bought the first one, they had lots of sizes to pick from. You may need a bigger one for your daughter's hair.

Did you guy one of the bigger ones. I have a black but I bought another one (white and pink I think) to take down my braids (I was not home and I was not about to comb those knots out), the black one is much stronger than the other one. This store only had one size. When I bought the first one, they had lots of sizes to pick from. You may need a bigger one for your daughter's hair.

I ended up buying the heavy duty 9 row one in addition to the smaller 7 row one I own.

Huh, is that the cuplrit? I have to shove my denman back down every couple of strokes, I thought it was just me. :rofl:

Hrm, what a wonderful reason to get another one! :lol:

Never seen this white/pink one at all, but since you stated that the black one is stronger, I don't think this would work. But it's definitely looking like I may need a bigger one. Thanks!

Or you could try this brush that Pokahontas was talking about in this thread...
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=266005
Hmmm, I'll look for that on my next trip out shopping. Thanks for that!

Huh, is that the cuplrit? I have to shove my denman back down every couple of strokes, I thought it was just me. :rofl:

Hrm, what a wonderful reason to get another one! :lol:
On the bolded, that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about LOL and thought I was the only one since I searched the board and didn't see anything mentioned about this. Thanks for not leaving me alone here :lol:

Yeah, I broke TWO Denmans (I mean bristles popped all the way out) by not using it carefully. :look: :lachen:
Broke them? WOW! Well I'll have to tell you that when this first started happening to me, I thought I broke mine's too. I had NO CLUE that the red rubber portion was even removable. And I was sitting there getting sad, until I did a closer inspection and tried to put it back in, and it went back. Whew!:lol: Thanks girlie!

Back