Question for Nioxin Users

Dare~to~Dream

For those who use the scalp cleanser from any of the Nioxin lines, how do you use it? Do you apply it to the scalp only and lather? Or do you apply it all over like regular shampoo? In the past few months or so, I've been using my regular shampoo focusing on the scalp area only and then the squeeze the lather down onto the hair shaft...it seems that this only makes my scalp problems even worse...

I have used the scalp cleanser, in fact I just used it. I put it on like regular shampoo but I did not lather since the directions says 'Do not massage". I just let it sit about 3-5 minutes and rinse. I only have used it twice but the first time I really worked a lather and my hair felt stripped and tangled. When I tried it again I did nothing and let it sit and it was soft and tangle free. Hop this helps.

[ QUOTE ]
Lanelle said:
Hi, Kapri. Thanks for answering. Did you just let it sit on your scalp or on both your hair and scalp?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both my hair and scalp.

Well I first used it about a month ago and did not like it. But this second time since my hair was soft I think I am going to stck with for a couple of weeks. I have the conditioner too but I rotate my conditioners.

Today I used the cleanser and Therapy. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Wow did my scalp feel good. I wash my hair twice a week so maybe I'll use it once a week or every other week.

Do you have a Ulta near you? You can also go to the website www.ulta.com This is where I buy my salon products from.

Also I just used the Treatment product. I only used it in my crown area since that is my weak spot. I don't think I'll be using this again. I am experiencing a burning sensation. I do not think it is suppose to feel that way. anywho, the other two products are keepers.

Actually, no there are no Ultas or Trade Secrets nearby. I live in the middle of nowhere basically so I buy most hair products online...

About your burning sensation, an acquaintance of mine experienced something similar. She said that it felt too "medicinal" and she didn't like it at all. I think she was using the shampoo/cleanser though.

[ QUOTE ]
Lanelle said:
I haven't gotten my Nioxin yet...the lady that I bought it from online has slow shipments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a Walmart where you are that has a Salon inside of the store? If so you could just walk in and purchase from them. I saw some at my local Walmart/SuperWalmart. Check there, the price was very nice too. (not too expensive, and sometimes they have sales)

I finally got the Nioxin starter kit a couple of weeks ago. I haven't used it yet because I wanted to finish up with Surge first. I'm going to start soon and plan to use it for the entire month. I hope it doesn't make my hair exceptionally dry or "stripped" as someone mentioned earlier.

Back