Question for naturals who transitioned

<font color="blue"> Me? About...2 mths!
trampoline.gif
I'm sorry...but seriously I could NOT deal with the 2 textures. And I'd never had short, short hair b4 so I wanted to see what I'd look like. I actually went extremely, extremely low...almost bald. But 7 months later my hair has grown soooooo much! I'm glad I didn't bother transitioning.

How long is ur hair now? How long do you want to transition? On Nappturality.com most sisters transition for 6-8 mths but I've known people who've gone longer, like...1.5-2 years!!!
shocked.gif
</font>

My last relaxer was September 2002. Right now, my hair is a little past the top of my shoulderblades. I am trying to hold out until September to have a whole year of growth, but sometimes I want to go ahead and get the relaxed hair cut now.

I transituoned for 4 months. Then I had about 3 inches of hair and I chopped off the relaxed ends and then my hair also grew sooo fast. I have about 10 inches now but looks like 4 because it shrivells up so much.
Daisy

Last relaxer was July 2002. I got my big chop January 2003.
I couldn't take it no mo

drunk.gif
Slowly, but surely

I'd transitioned for 11 months, but I'd been trimming away occasionally until I chopped off 4 inches or so of relaxed hair
smile.gif

I did several chops(4 inches, followed by 2 inches 2 months later)then a final chop to chin length(a total of 8 inches). All my chops were 2 months apart.

well i had my last relaxer in august and over processed it and so was at odds coz i really didnt want to cut my hair but at the same time it annoyed the hell out of me wen i'd comb my hair and i lost a lot of it so i started on my braids and then cut my hair in feb so i didnt relax for 6months but transitiond for less than that

i had my last relaxer in december but i don't plan on cutting my hair off. my hair is past bra strap right now. my goal is waist length. to tell you the truth the two textures are not that different and i don't know why i relaxed in the first place. well when i think about it, yes i know why. cause back then i wasn't into my curls (3b/c) cause i hated them. so i didn't try to bring out the best of them. that's kinda sad but hey that was back then. now i'm ready. when i reach my goal i will decide if i really like the length or if it's too long for me and i wanna cut a couple of inches off. i will see.

I'm transitioning right now, its been about a year and 2 months..If it wasn't for braids i wouldn't have made it
smile.gif

i transitioned gradually over 2 years i think. i blow dried the new growth straight and gradually trimmed off the ends. i also wore braids for a bit. if i had to do it all over again i would have cut it short and started fresh cause dealing with two textures was a pain

I'm still transitioning. I'm waiting until my natural hair is at least cheek length when it's dry and shrunken. I don't like the way really short hair looks on me.

I transitioned for 9 months with braids. If I didn't I know I would not be able to handle to two textures and would've chopped sooner. I am glad that I don't live in the US b/c the cost of braids would make me bankrupt
spinning.gif
I used to get them re-done every 4-6 wks.
I think the average time is about 6-8months also

I transitioned for a year in braids (got them religiously every 2 to 2.5 months, so I only rarely had to deal with the two textures. The down side, however, was that my edges suffered as a result of the constant braid wear.

I transitioned for about 4 months and then i chopped it all off in jan 2003. I had less than an inch of hair after the cut. It was a big change because I had hair that was about 4 inches from bra strap.

Tracy

Back