Question For Naturals Ladies

LABETT

I did not relax my hairline and with my last relaxer not
enough newgrowth.
What products do you suggest I use to smooth and lay down
my natural hair in the front because I wear drawstring ponytails a lot.

Nothing can really make natural hair perfectly smooth...maybe so that it is an even wave...

You can use aloe vera gel...or another get that you like...brush it in the direction you want it to lay...then tie a scarf around your edges to hold them down flat...leave it there for a few hours...until the gel dries...then it should be reasonably flat.

hth

I've been using carol's daughter healthy hair butter, and I am amazed at how it makes me hair lay down and smoothes it out. I've been wearing my fro pushed back with a hair band, and I wet the front, smooth the HHB on and then apply the scarf as Pookeylou explained. After about an hour I take the scarf off and my hair is smooth and shiny. I have 4a/b hair and didn't think I could achieve this look. carol's daughter is the bomb.

When my hair is wet and I am going to put it in a pony puff, I smooth a little fantasia ic hair polisher gel, and put a scarf around it for 15-30 minutes, and it lays completely flat. I get the gel that isn't hard to hold, it is clear and in a plastic jar.

A little water and a little oil and a scarf tied on for about 30 min is enough for me to get a smoothed down look on my edges when I want to push my puff back. It won't be straight looking, but I don't want that.

Back