Question For Ladies Who AIRDRY Before Flat Ironing

Sunshine0801

When do you apply your heat protection?

It takes my hair at least 24 hours to fully dry when I airdry. Should I apply it after I apply my leave in right after I wash my hair, even though I will not be flat ironing my hair for another 24-48 hours?

Not at all :) I use Silk Elements heat protection. It's very light, not sticky and leaves a nice shine. I have fine/medium textured hair so I try not to buy products that weigh it down.

This is a good question...I was actually researching this very topic just a minute ago. I think it depends on which product you use. Some you use prior to the drying process (air or blow) or after just before the straightening process or both.

I'm going to be doing a trial run on my mother this weekend using FHI Hot Sauce by applying the serum and then letting her airdry.

This is a good question...I was actually researching this very topic just a minute ago. I think it depends on which product you use. Some you use prior to the drying process (air or blow) or after just before the straightening process or both.

I'm going to be doing a trial run on my mother this weekend using FHI Hot Sauce by applying the serum and then letting her airdry.

My only concern with using heat protectant right before I straighten my hair is frying my hair, so I would prefer to use it the day before. I just don't know if my hair will still be protected if I wait that long, though.

Please pop back in and let me know how the trial run with your mother went!

This is what I do, I put the leave-in (Lacio-Lacio) and follow it with the serum or heat protectant , detangle and air dry whatever time it takes me and then flat iron. Sometime my roots are not completely dry, so I use my blow drier in the cold setting, and then I flat iron. Hair comes out super silky.

i use it while my hair is wet:yep:

This is what I do, I put the leave-in (Lacio-Lacio) and follow it with the serum or heat protectant , detangle and air dry whatever time it takes me and then flat iron. Sometime my roots are not completely dry, so I use my blow drier in the cold setting, and then I flat iron. Hair comes out super silky.

How long do each of you spend airdrying your hair?

I'm on a no heat challenge right now - but I usually airdry and I spray my heat protection in sections before I flat iron. Sometimes it does sizzle a bit. I usually takes a good 3 hours for my hair to airdry.

Back