Question for Glasses Wearers

InJesusName

Due to an eye infection, I have had to wear my glasses consistently for about a month and have noticed breakage around where my glasses sit behind my ears. Has anyone else experienced this? How do you protect your edges from your glasses?:confused:

I wear glasses and never experienced this. Maybe since your not used to wearing them, it is irritating you there. Try loosing the arms. Take it to walmart or any eyeglass place, they will do it for free...only takes a few seconds.

I have never had that problem wearing my glasses. Perhaps you need to adjust the stems sounds like it is to tight.

you may need to check the stems just to see if you have any snags or if they're too tight. (if so, that could be the issue)

Could be worth having them checked out for sure.

I've also never noticed any thinning or breakage and I wear my glasses about 90% of the time.

-A

I wear glasses pretty regularly Mon-Fri and have never noticed breakage. Then again, i havent been paying attention to that area... I will start watching from now on!

I HAVE BEEN WEARING GLASSES STARTING AGE 7:eek: THAT ONLY HAPPEND ONCE WHEN THEY USE SOME KIND OF CLEANER ON THE ARMS AND IT BROKE ME OUT BUT IT NEVER HAPPEND AGAIN OR YOU COULD NEED TO ADJUST THEM BY THE WAY AFTHER I CLEAN THEM MY SELF IT WAS ALLRIGHT GOOD LUCK:)

I never noticed breakage from my glasses, but I have really bad vision, so I have to have plastic frames that aren't thin (because my lenses are so thick... :ohwell: ) Do you have wire frames? Maybe the thinner frames could cause breakage?

I wear glasses whenever I'm just around the house or too lazy to put on contacts and never noticed breakage.

I'm thinking yours are too tight. Also some glasses have where the part that curves around the ear changes material... If you have that kind it might be snagging your hair.

I get breakage around the ears right wear my glasses sit. I have to make sure when I put my glasses on, I do not rest my glasses on my hair. I comb my hair away from behind my ears and then I put my glasses on.

tsmith said:
I wear glasses also and gets no breakage behind the ears:)

Same here.
@InJesusName~You may need to get them readjusted, if the arms are too tight it most likely will cause breakage behind the ears.

Ineedhair said:
I get breakage around the ears right wear my glasses sit. I have to make sure when I put my glasses on, I do not rest my glasses on my hair. I comb my hair away from behind my ears and then I put my glasses on.

Me too. On either side I notice I have short hair right in that spot! :ohwell:

I use to wear glasses and have noticed thinning on top of my ears. Not sure if it was the glasses that caused it or something else but I'd follow the suggestions here to be on the safe side

Thanks for all of your suggestions ladies. I think I had the arms a little too tight, and when I took them to get adjusted, the salesman said there was some strange reaction occurring in the wire which was causing corrosion:eek: . I will be able to wear my contacts Friday since my infection cleared up (YAY!), but this is good to know in the future.

Disclaimer: be careful when wrapping Christmas gifts! My infection was caused be some glitter that got trapped behind my eyelid during December:eek: .EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

InJesusName said:
Thanks for all of your suggestions ladies. I think I had the arms a little too tight, and when I took them to get adjusted, the salesman said there was some strange reaction occurring in the wire which was causing corrosion:eek: . I will be able to wear my contacts Friday since my infection cleared up (YAY!), but this is good to know in the future.

Disclaimer: be careful when wrapping Christmas gifts! My infection was caused be some glitter that got trapped behind my eyelid during December:eek: .EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Yikes!
Glad all is well now. :)

Back